Redacted - Post your thoughts?

Everyone,

In 2018 - we were dealt a lousy hand of cards, and folded.

At the end of 2021 - we picked up where we left off. We’d be foolish to rest on our laurels.

In December 2021, we sent 50 Redacted yoyos to YYE. 17 remain.

I’m really, REALLY interested to see what those 33 people (or less, if folks bought doubles) think of our return and think of the Redacted. I’ve seen a few remarks about them here on the forum, on Instagram, and on YouTube. I’d love to hear from each and every person who spent their hard earned money on our product. I’m all about improvement and growth.

We’ve never been a ‘highly talked about brand’ and I’m okay with that - but, good…honest feedback is incredibly helpful to make quality products that fit the needs (and meet the demands) of the yoyo community.

I’m not thirsty for attention, and I’m not in need of an ego boost or your affirmation - I genuinely care about what everybody thinks about our recent release. :slight_smile:

We’re on track for another release in March/April or so. Plenty of time to make tweaks based on what the community is in need of.

Simply put: I want to meet and exceed your yoyo needs.

Send your comments my way - I’m hungry for them. Thanks for reading!

-Wayne

22 Likes

Mine is on the way! The blue is lovely. I can’t wait

2 Likes

Please come back and update me/us with your thoughts! Thanks for the support, friend! Enjoy.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks

2 Likes

I unfortunately haven’t spent a lot of time with the Redacted yet, other commitments have eaten into my yoyoing time as of late.

But I plan to. I really, really like it. The weight is perfect. Spin time and power are spot on. I’m not a speed player by any stretch, but it’s plenty fast for me. Comfortable in the hand, snappy binds.

I’m looking forward to your next release!

6 Likes

This is great information! I’m glad you like it! Spend some more time with her and update me, please!!

1 Like

Hi there,

I have had the redacted pretty much since it came out. I really enjoy it. I didn’t understand what was being said about the outer ring until I got the yoyo . It is hard to describe but without looking at it , but its a very nice feel .

Stability is great . ( nice balance , rim weight is decent but not over the top . )

Comfort great feel in the hand nice on the catch.

Speed - not my strong suit , but I definitely feel like I could ramp it up if I needed to. (probably would want to get someone elses opinion on this one if I am being honest)

Weight - it is interesting . I think it weighs in fairly light but it does have a bit of weight on the first throw. Once you get it on the string and start grooving with it you really see how light it is. it changes direction well.

I am a fan. I think alot of people would enjoy it regardless of style and preference.

9 Likes

Thanks for the review, Chris. A lot of folks don’t understand the rim thing. If I may, I’d like to clarify:

Redacted started out as “Bolster” - which had an unbelievable plethora of problems. Originally, we designed the yoyo with an entire rim of stainless steel. Basically, the last 1/4" of the rim was solid stainless. This had yet to be done, and after months of toying with it, I figured out why. It’s pretty much not physically possible without introducing an un-playable amount of vibration and wobbling. But - we kept trying.

We tried, for about six months. This is where the cryogenic freezing and epoxy attempts came from. It’s an example of our different way of thinking, to try and solve an unsolvable problem. I don’t like hearing (or saying) “no.” I always look for the best way to get to “yes.”

Well, we spent way too much money on the development and never got a penny of it back - because we scrapped the “Bolster”

We revised the “bolster” and coined it “Redacted.” We had ten of them made and then I decided to close the doors. After all, what’s a product-based company without any product to offer it’s customers?

I moved to Hawaii and got my affairs in order. I reached out to Vic and said, let’s do this. And, as they say…the rest is history!

9 Likes

Bump, because I’m still hungry.

5 Likes

Just received mine today. Haven’t had a chance to play it a ton due to work, but I’m loving it so far. The blue is even more vibrant in person.

It’s fast, but not too fast, and very easily maneuverable. Very smooth and powerful. I can get through all my normal stuff without it seemingly slowing down.

I’m very bad at taking pictures. It is a lovely yoyo and I’m looking forward to spending more time with it.

8 Likes

First of all, I think you take wonderful pictures. You know who takes lousy pictures? ME!

I am so bad at taking pictures, that my product images look like garbage compared to other folks (and companies) that seem to have commercial photography studios in the spare rooms of their houses to take their photos. Propping them up next to knives, wallets, burled wood slabs, etc.

My pictures look bleh compared to those. I don’t believe that pictures sell products, though “a picture is worth a thousand words.”

Alright, enough about that garbage.

I’m digging the fact that you like it. Please, as I’ve told others, spend some more time with her and update me. Thank you for supporting our return. Without folks like you willing to support us, it is impossible to continue to make these things! :heart:

-Wayne

5 Likes

I appreciate the kind words. You did a great job on this yoyo.

This one will be on my desk for a while, don’t worry about that. Having this one really makes me look forward to what’s next. Keep it up man.

7 Likes

On its way!

I don’t have one bi metal at this point with Raw rims. Oh well :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah! Look forward to your playtime with it!!

1 Like

I’ve played with mine for a little bit now. I’m not an expert at reviews but this is what I like about mine.

Visually in my opinion I think it’s a very nice looking yoyo. That doesn’t have anything to do with playability but still.

Weight and stability in my opinion are very good. And like others stated I’m not a speed player but when I try to this yoyo doesn’t hold me back in any way.

Overall for the price for a bi metal I would say it’s very much worth it. No regret making this purchase at all. Can’t wait for more.

6 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

I’m really happy with how it came out. I’m just super excited that others like it too.

I think that the YYWS adventure is FAR from over.

André, his YYE Team, and I are hosting a Forum Contest soon with many items to GIVEAWAY.

Yoyos, merch, apparel - it’s going to be awesome!

-Wayne

10 Likes

I am a pretty new player, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02 on the Redacted.

Everyone seems to have a baseline yoyo that they love and they use it for comparison for all other yoyos. The Redacted has become that yoyo for me. Why? Because it’s amazingly comfortable to throw, super stable, has great spin time, is nimble and light on the string, all while having plenty of power!

Is it the fastest out there? No. I have yoyos that are faster and lighter on the strings, but they are not near as stable and they don’t have as good of spin time. Do I have more stable yoyos? One or two, but they feel like a brick on a string. They don’t move well and they just aren’t comfortable! More powerful yoyos? Yeah, and I can’t play them for long because they are so uncomfortable and they beat the crap outta my hands.

I have found the YYWS Redacted to be the Goldilocks yoyo for me. It’s the one I grab when I am just wanting to throw and relax or when I am struggling to pick up a new trick. Its forgiving and isn’t really bad anywhere.

All of that and it looks AMAZING! That VonBoom Drip!

This is my first YYWS throw and I am excited to see what they release next! After the Redacted, I am a fan!

13 Likes

Jim,

Exceptional write up, thank you sir. Enjoy!!!

That colorway is amazing!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Well said. The Redacted is my go to yoyo. It’s my favorite YYWS and it’s one of my favorite yoyos in general. I have ZERO issues with the Redacted. And there’s nothing i would change about it. I know the term “it can handle anything you throw at it” is somewhat over used when describing yoyos. But with this yoyo it’s simply the truth! That purple Von Boom is beautiful by the way! Wow!

4 Likes