YYF Ricochet

i really regret not buying one when everything was 20% off, in the off chance there are still blue ones available at the next sale i will not hesitate

I feel exactly the same way. I bought 4 yoyos at the last sale. I will probably buy more at the next one. Maybe theyā€™ll have some draupnirā€™s then as well.

If I had one, I would spark the runs off till it looks like a DV888.

Then the dog can take a nap.

Ti wonā€™t break down like that, check out the low riders that use the Ti blocks to spark when they drop he airbags or hydraulics those blocks spark for years and years without issue!

I am going to end up buying two Ti throws one to keep nice and one to burn the dog down hehehe.

Which do you think is better, dv888, or Ricochet? I have a dv888 and was wondering which is the greater.

Depends on what you want. Both play better then I do haha!

If you like the DV888, wait for the Shutter or get a C3 Capless. Both play beautifully. The Ricochet is too expensive for an everyday throw at your level.

1 Like

i have

silver #82 & #158
blue/purple #211

blue 169 (bought from sparhawk)

So, after I picked up the Aoda Free King I was on a search for THE 50mm diameter DV888-split-half-rounded throw. Since I had an strong interest in titanium, and I was transfixed by that ā€œre-entry blueā€ colorway of this gem-like yoyo of the godsā€¦ I had to pick it up when sparhawk put it up for BST.

While it didnā€™t necessarily usurp the Free King in every way, this throw is something I have no doubts about as being that which will bring me joy for a long time to come. It is top of the pack. It is very hard to define what it is about the Free King that I like, but I know it has something to do with the thicker rimsā€¦ comfortable in the handā€¦ cheapā€¦ funā€¦ Obviously thick rims are not as possible with a heavier titanium. That said, Iā€™ve come to enjoy this difference as itā€™s own unique character, and I absolutely love this Ricochet.

One small (probably stupid) observation I enjoy on this throw is the unique ring of the ding on this yoyo. Iā€™ve listened to each half of this throw and Iā€™ve observed a different reverb of each half. One side is ā€œwaaa-waaa-waaa-waaaā€ and the other half is ā€œwa-wa-wa-waā€. While this is a minor detail, it made me check this sound on other throws. This titanium sound is like no othersā€¦ Itā€™s a bit more angelic. Most of the aluminum have a crisp ding, with the Format:C with the most clear and beautiful. My Token has a ā€œdinkā€ sound as if it were made out of recycled soda cans with Magic Yo not too far off of that. Mama always said, ā€œCheap is cheap.ā€

One of these days Iā€™m going to have to pop off the hub stacks from my dv888 to help get it into perspective with my 50mm throws. For some reason, hub stacks seem like a bit of a gimmick/distraction. For that reason, the DV888 is gathering a bit of dust. But who knowsā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll be able to gain enough talent to actually pull off a rip cord start and not look like a total buffoon.

I love this Ricochet.

1 Like

Re-entry blue #300!!
Really cool stuff and with a stunning colorā€¦
Only the grinding properties that cannot be compared with a beadblasted surfaceā€¦but titanium feels somehow ā€œwarmā€ in the hand and this is pretty cool too!

I really love this ricochet :smiley:

You have great taste, and you got a great number too. Iā€™m scouting out my third Ricochet. I have two raw so farā€¦#80 and #4. I love them too, and Iā€™ll be getting a blue one soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you! So having so much Ti throws, you should have some tips how to clean them? You see quite quick finger prints on it and the clear shine somehow fades away a bitā€¦ Is polish also fine for the blue re-entry?

Guys i have about a 35$ budget and i had my eye on the dv888. I was just wondering if u guys know of any better yoyos that i could get a good deal on.

Best I can think of is the YYO Fit unless youā€™re counting used stuff

Silver #88

The YoYoFactory Ricochet has more shine than the rims of a 1958 Stingray (and even turns more heads).

Nice number. I have #4 raw, #12 blue and #80 raw. ;D

TA how would you say the ricochet stacks up with the rest of your TI throws?

The dv888ā€™s $45. If thatā€™s your price range, definitely buy a Shutter over it.
The dv888 was good for its time though, for sure :slight_smile:

It is my favorite titanium of them allā€¦and it cost me the least. I love that thing!

Wow is it really?? It really outperforms the other $500 and up TIs?