Yoyofactory Fan Club!

I bet they will. Some people were after the SuperG and they will want to unload the little guy. Not everyone likes the undersize throws. It is a beauty, that’s for sure. I am more than happy with them both. ;D

Yoyofactory might be my favorite brand. It is definitely in the top 3. I find myself grabbing my supernova or g-funk more than all my other Yoyos not just because they perform and look great (red with black splash supernova for the win!) but also because they are cheaper than my others. That said, tight bearing seats and 888x’s make me a saaaad panda (south park reference)

has anybody tried the loop 360, also did yyf make other offsting yoyos (excluding the offsting or flymaster)

OHHH I BOUGHT A STEVE BROWN AND A KENTARO PACK!!!

Thats like 300 dollars worth of stuff for 150 bucks!

I like yoyofactory just the quality is the promblem.

YYF isn’t about quality. If you want quality go spend $200 on a YYR. YYF is for people who want an awesome throw for a cheaper price.

ig·no·rance
noun

1 Like

bump!

I love yoyofactory! Their prices are great for younger throwers (like me
^-^) and I like the finishes on almost all their yoyos

I just picked up a 2.0, that should be interesting.

I’m not into their metals but I am truly in love with their plastic yo-yo’s. Any yo-yo that ends with a “star” is awesome.

My favorite YYF throws are:

Grind Machine 2
Replay
Northstar (the Shaqler colorway is awesome)
Superstar

Gotta love the full-sized throws. I have multiples of each! ;D

Gotta say, I’m liking their H-shape throws (can you guess which pack I bought last week?).

G-Funk is awesome and tiny. Everything I wanted my 888x to be stability wise.

Super G is great, but so far the stock response is a tiny bit grabby. I’ll probably pop in a thinner basic poly in once I get back to school.

Now for me to start collecting H-shaped throws.

1 Like

Have you tried Superstar?

From YoYoFactory I just wish that some models could be available in Europe too.

Count me in. My boy and I have 17 yoyos now, and 7 of them are YYF. I never planned to buy so many YYF’s, it just sort of turned out that way. They’re all good and so far I haven’t had any problems with durability or maintenance. Only CLYW has as many full-sized throws I like and want. :slight_smile:

i was first exposed to the world of yoyoing in 1995, where the craze was having a Proyo 2. Yo-Hans was in Liang Court, Singapore and what he did during the promo shows literally blew my mind away. Shortly after, yoyos in general were banned in schools in Singapore as they were considered hazardous. I believe it was 1997 when Playmaxx released their ball-bearing Turbo Bumble Bee, and the crew consisting of Yo-Hans, Ben Mcphee (young dashing boy he was back then), Kate Miller and Julius were back in Takashimaya, Singapore to promote it. This was the period where the biggest prize of them all was the Killer Bee, a red version of the TBB. Boy I had two TBBs and a TBB in the butterfly shape, but I didn’t really yo much back then cuz string was expensive and the ball bearings were prone to rust.

Fast forward to 2000, Yo-Hans was back in town to promote the Cold Fusion and Cold Fusion GT in Parkway Parade, Singapore. I was 12 years old then, and I remember Yo-Hans signing my backpack stating that I was “Singapore’s Finest Freestyler” hahahahhahahahahaha! Never owned one of the CFs, but my brother managed to win one and I was really jealous of him as he was 4 years younger than I was. The talk on the “streets” was that there was a big-name star from Duncan, Steve Brown, who pioneered what we know now as the 5A division. John Huber, a really nice guy back then, was showing me tricks he could do with a dice on one end of the string. I was blown away. John, if you’re still around, I would like you to know that I really appreciate how much you taught me 5A back then, and I have a really old photo of the two of us back in 2000 with you grinning widely.

Then there was silence, not a single sound from Playmaxx. I was expecting them to come back in 2001 but they did not, 2002 passed… so did 2003, 2004…

2006, I heard from a friend that some huge guy was promoting a line of yoyos in Tampines Mall (Singapore, all the locations I’ve had the pleasures of yoyoing take place in that country) and I was a bit skeptical. There were promotions on TV for this horrible product called the YoStick, oh god was that awful, so I scoffed at the idea of another company capitalizing on my favorite toy of all time. I remember telling my friend how Playmaxx was the best ever and this ‘yoyofactory’ was gonna be a failure. Nevertheless, I decided to check them out and to my surprise, the huge dude turned out to be Ben, oh em gee the young me was ecstatic. He lent me one of his FAST 201s to do some tricks and I managed to perform them even after years of not yoyoing, and I asked him if there were any volunteer opportunities for someone like me to teach kids how to yoyo. He gave me a business card to one of the head honchos of Spinworkx and I was accepted to do a two-week stint of teaching kids how to yoyo at different malls, but not to sell the products (that was the promoters’ job). I had a real blast working for them as it was an experience that allowed me to pass on what I knew to the next generation of yoyoers.

In the second week of my job, I had the privilege of working with Yo-Hans, and I really enjoyed myself. He was very pleasant and one time we were talking about why he was still yoyoing after so many years and he told me that he did it because he loved performing for kids. Being one of those kids myself a decade ago, I could relate to him. I never had the chance to meet Steve Brown, he left Singapore shortly after I met Ben. On the last day of the tour, my brother was competing against some other kid for the FAST 401 gold edition but he lost but a fraction of a second. It kinda pleased me a little when he was given 100 yoyo strings as the runner-up prize hahah! Before he left, Yo-Hans snuck a FAST 401k Espionage into my bag. that guy is so sweet.

it’s been about 7 years since I met them, but occasionally I would go out and buy a YYF yoyo for nostalgia’s sake. I’m currently based in Savannah GA for college and one of the first things I did in January was take advantage of the affordable shipping and buy YYF yoyos. I bought a delrin Severe and an Equilateral and boy was I amazed.

I went on a date with a girl from my class during Valentine’s Day and knowing how she would enjoy it, I bought two The Ones and swapped their halves so now we both have a red/blue One. Before allowing her to open her present, I took my One out and did some tricks for her and she really enjoyed it. She was so excited that she wanted to learn a trick right away, unfortunately it took her half an hour to learn how to throw a sleeper. I know kids a third her age who have more arm strength than she does.

With this Pro Pack promo, I snagged a Big and Small pack and also the Genesis/Catalyst pack. Brand loyalty isn’t something that I really do, but an exception has been made for YYF. I know some of you are gonna say that I’m missing out on other brands but for the sake of this thread, I won’t tell you what other yoyos I bought (they’re from other companies, I can assure you).

Like most of you, I can’t wait to see what YYF has for the third wave of the Champion’s Collection. Deep inside, the 12 year old kid in me still wants a Cold Fusion GT, so if any of you know where I can hunt one down, I’ll be eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading this post!

2 Likes

and so my yoyoing story continues! i managed to snag one of the Soul Doubt and i’m glad it went to a good cause!

you guys should try the yoyofactory and turning point chatic! Plays kinda like an underiszed burnside!

I love YYF. While some of their throws may be kind of bland, they make some of the best performers at great prices.

bump?

Y U NO POST IN THREAD