Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Standard VSOP I’m not sure. Back in Feb of last year Sparhawk said

and Eric thought similar but a bit more b/c of the upswing in SPYY interest:

And vegabomb chimed in as well w/ $150-$180

Personally I wouldn’t let a VSOP go for under $200. The Pure is such a cool yo-yo and the VSOP is a really nice edition of it.

For reference, I got the BAC one for roughly $325 (roughly because I bought a few throws from Matt at once and he knocked off a nice amount of the total). I don’t play it nearly as much as I’d like because of its rarity so I’ve been on the lookout for a regular Pure but have missed the ones that have come up lately.

3 Likes

W.R.T. the Catch13:

$100 seems rather high to me, I was thinking more in the $50 range. They don’t come up that often though and it is a nice splash version.

2 Likes

possible that i am wrong for the C13, it is a yoyo that has never aroused much interest, that I remember… but it is also true that this makes it rare to find and people who were looking for it have done so for years without being able to find one available, at least in a short time. The few sales present here date back to about 10 years ago and back then it was still offered for around $ 70. for this I say that it is not easy to give an evaluation.
As for the Pure, $ 150 I find it an absolutely inappropriate price, lately at this price they have sold Pure standards star-grade (blue, red, black) … I certainly wouldn’t sell us a VSOP (although, I’m not no lover of pad printing or painted yoyos, due to the evident problems of brittleness of the finish).
(However, I actually start to have big problems giving values, lately the follies I see for Project and Markmont, for example, make me lose any logical reference …)

2 Likes

I can’t find it anymore but there was one in the YYF Facebook group that someone tried to sell for like $100 eventually dropping down to around $50 and it still didn’t sell as far as I could tell. Granted, it was a B-grade but it didn’t seem like there was much interest in it.

1 Like

I agree … there was no great interest at the time, let alone now … the fact is that since there is no great interest it is one of those models that have been used as beaters and therefore devastated, not all but the overwhelming majority have had that fate.
It is rare to find one without damage in my opinion, difficult to find one in good condition, equally difficult to find someone who is looking for it, but in the rare cases that a person is looking for it and wants it in good condition … here a user named @Pillowite he started looking for him in 2012 and in May 2019 … he was still looking for him … so … bho!

I appreciate the input guys! It’s a pretty cool little yoyo.

1 Like

I have always thought that it has overpaid (really too much) the price of being the economic version of a premium model considered important and born to be collected from the very first moment.
If he had not been born under this heavy shadow, I believe that your thought would have been that of many and could have honestly accompanied him in the time.

1 Like

Can someone help me value a Crucial Milk (first or second run) in excellent condition, no box?

I bought it on eBay in 2020 for $160, but that seems a little high.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I can seem them going for about 120-160 @FourCorner

3 Likes

Oh no, I had so many…protos, the strawberry kiwi, regulars. Oh well . Never been much of a collector, was happy to get back @70% of what I paid, and called it a day.

2 Likes

Any clue on valuation? Literally opened it today, who knows how long ive had it without opening it!

4 Likes

That plugin 3 is probably around $100. If it was an anodized or Teflon coated one it would be a lot more. @WCMTWS

1 Like

There was a discussion about that one a couple years ago. However yours looks un-engraved.

2 Likes

Few more for you guys!

YYF Skyline
YYF SpeedDial

Obviously two are CLYWs, but whats the one on the left? Larger diameter one? Also the blue and purple and gold? Obviously some of these have been addressed (clyw) but the others idk?

4 Likes

The gray/orange CLYW is a Sebastian Brock Peak and the two next to it are CLYW Bear vs Man (BvM) not sure what the orange and purple throw is though. The all blue yoyo is a ILYY Noctu first run I believe.

2 Likes

The purple and gold is an x-yo Ixion wheel alpha but it’s not really that desirable so I would say $30-$40.

1 Like

Final pick has a rim dipped skyline, candy blast noctu, sumo, peak and two second run bvm.

Skylines are a hard sell with the rerelease being $20 but the rim dipped has some great history and rarity. You could try for $80 but may end up a good bit lower.

The ilyy stuff goes around $120 and candy blast is always popular.

The sumo I would try for $120

Peak probably around $350

Bvm at 160 each

2 Likes

for that skyline I would say that 80 $ is the minimum price … it was very sought after at the time and if I remember correctly, for its rarity. I wouldn’t want to go wrong but there were two versions … one with golden circles of a brighter color and one with a more faded golden color (like this one in the picture) … @yyfben2.deactivated could help …

2 Likes

I want that blue Noctu… Just saying.

2 Likes

this was the one with the brightest color

Imgur

8 Likes