Broken yo-yo historian?

I was sorting through my ‘large’ yo-yo forest.

And… ‘Hey, what’s that’?

New in container.

Don’t even know how long I’ve had it?

I found an original raw Steamroller also.

… I hear about the Sumo but not much about the Plug-in.

…and while I’m taking phone pics. I also found what I was actually looking for. A very old mod of mine.
A Playmaxx Stunt Pilot machined for click fit polished Viper hubs and weight rings. Geez, an old mod for sure. Obviously I know the history of this one😉

Looks like I found something else👀
A few Powdercoated Limited Edition Cold Fusions. Standard and GT. My novice level imaging doesn’t really do justice to how Amazing these yoyos look in person.

16 Likes

not sure, but iff you want to part with it @yoyodoc get at me! she’s pretty

1 Like

Hopefully @persson can give you the full low down. Looks to be a rare Italian gem

3 Likes

I remember the Plug In 3. Never owned one but I remember them.

@mrciurleo
@fullnelson

2 Likes

Awesome stuff doc! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I had a Plug In 3 , but sold it. I know Four Corner was looking for one… Don’t know much about them but they threw nice!

3 Likes

Loved the colors on the OG plug-in’s. They had a special coating that you could dye with a teflon inner but just didn’t seem that popular because of the Vibe. Absolutely beautiful throw though and then you had the 1.1 followed by the 3. There was a run of baby blue proto 3’s and then the production run that didn’t seem to really get sold anywhere in the USA from what I remember. Thought the schmoove response system was neat though.

Might have luck asking Niubi on facebook since he ran brokenyoyos.

3 Likes

Plug-In 3 (only model produced in series) raw (the Plug-in is make in 6065 alloy), here you will find some history … it is in Italian, you will have to get help from google translate :wink:

3 Likes

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/original-brokenyoyos-plug-yoyo-blue-468913701

Yes, then in addition to the color tests like this there were the VGA

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/brokenyoyos-plug-in-2-svga-edition-yo-yo

with painted Teflon powder coatings or other painted applied films … experiments also occurred on the subsequent Sumo … who does not remember the Sumo Harlequin …
1_Arlecchino_2_small
1_Arlecchino_1_small
(photos in a post by @Yossarian)

6 Likes

@FourCorner you were mentioned in this thread if you haven’t looked :wink:

1 Like

p.s. I thank @EXMIME that thanks to the notification allowed me to see this discussion!

2 Likes

this is “the dad”, never born, of the Xcube Steamroller …
the Roll-Out Hornet… but this too is a long story … :grin:

2 Likes