Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Hi there, it’s been a few years since I’ve picked up a yoyo but I was going through my old stuff and was curious as to the value of the Recess Weekend could be without original box. To my understanding, they discontinued the yoyo years ago and I’ve been trying to search for a price to see if it’s worth selling.

I’m not sure if there is another website to evaluate the value of some throws hence why I come to this discussion page haha. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be absolutely fantastic.

Thank you!

Welcome. It would probably be most effective to ask here: Yoyo Appraisal Thread - #3918 by persson

2 Likes

Hi there, it’s been a few years since I’ve picked up a yoyo but I was going through my old stuff and was curious as to the value of the Recess Weekend could be without original box. To my understanding, they discontinued the yoyo years ago and I’ve been trying to search for a price to see if it’s worth selling.
If anyone can give me a hand here and appraise this it would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

I sold mine with a minor scratch in the response area for like $40

This is my Metal Replay Pro from YYF that was a limited release by YoyoExpert back in 2015 for Worlds that year. If anyone could appraise this one for me that would be great.

2 Likes

how long ago did you sell it?

a month or so ago

I see, I honestly would’ve thought it would be more. What goes into appraising a yoyo? If you know, I’m not sure who the experts are and aren’t in here haha.

1 Like

I picked one of those up last year at the YYF AMayzing sale for $30 shipped.

1 Like

The metal replay pro ?

1 Like

Various factors, nostalgia, condition, and popularity.

For example, many classic yoyos such as the original CLYW Peak, various classic YYF’s like the different years of the 888 have gained insane value due to factors like nostalgia, popularity, and rarity.

The CLYW Peak is probably the best example of this specifically, as an OG Painted Peak (one of the first 50 featuring blue mountains on a white body) can go for $1000+ easily. The YYR Sleipnir is another example. It goes for over $300 while the Draupnir’s still are at around MSRP.

A lot of it has to do with brand name and stuff, so even as you get into things that are classics, they won’t sell as high due to it just not being as iconic, or rare.

But, to be honest, 90% of BST value comes from current hype trends. There was a period of time when a classic peak wouldn’t move for more than $90. MFD and G2 sweeped BST and IIRC are still going strong, to the point people where paying >$150 for monometals that didn’t sell nearly that high. Just depends on whats trending right now.

2 Likes

Yep an A Grade Metal Replay Pro in a limited Blue Colorway. There were a lot of those red ones with B-Grade badges realeased in the last few years

If you list on Ebay you might get more since @Gentry_Stein has a lot of fans being the current World Camp

3 Likes

I see, thank you for the enlightenment haha. Back when I used to yoyo I remember CLYW was nearly (at least in my opinion) one of the top companies. I had an Arctic Circle 2 but unfortunately got rid of it, I think all I have at the moment for CLYW is a collab yoyo with OneDrop, the Summit. I can take a photo if need be but what do you think that would go for ?

Appraising yoyos isn’t really like appraising other extremely collectible things, since most yoyos aren’t super collectible. The Recess weekend and Metal Replay are two yoyos from two companies that put out good yoyos, but there just aren’t really many people who want to go out of their way to just buy everything from Recess or YYF. The people buying those two yoyos are going to want them to play, not to display or collect.

A Summit on the other hand has maintained value really well because people still seek out old CLYW/One Drop Yoyos. Both of those brands are relatively collectible for lots of people, but even then some models go for far more than others. Summit is one of those models that’s still pretty sought after. 100-140 seem to be pretty typical prices for Summits.

2 Likes

I see, thank you for that. It was a little disappointing to see that these yoyo’s I thought would have good value years later don’t really have value… But I’m glad to hear that the Summit is still sought after to an extent. I’ll post a photo to see if it’s worth.

1 Like

Appraisal on my CLYW x Onedrop Summit?

4 Likes

Summit is probably $120ish maybe a tad more on certain days. @josvke

3 Likes

what about without original box?

1 Like

I’d range that at around $130 with the box, if it’s totally mint

3 Likes

and without box?

1 Like