World's Roll Call !!

yea ^^

also ill see you guys at worlds :slight_smile:

Ill be wearing my Capital yoyo club Shirt … with the logo on the left –

Mel we are hitting the weight room man ! Did you ask Zach about the arrival time yet ???

There will be directions available at check-in usually… it’s only a few minutes away from the hotel. Always easy to get a ride over, DO NOT miss it if you’ve never been… incredible house, incredible collection.

I’ll keep that in mind!!

Hey all,

I was wondering if the YYE forum members who are going to worlds 2013 would like to have a small meet up at worlds. This would give us all a way to meet and put a name to the face or a face to the name. I have been fortunate enough to have met many of you already and I can’t wait to meet many many more of you. I think mr friend Jim (Mr. Eli) would love to help me to organize a small meet so everyone who is going can become familiar with eachother.

One of the things that I am looking most forwatd to is meeting you all. So what does everyone think?

Thank you,

Matt

Hooking up with Brando and Dingo already !!! Looking forward to seeing Shaquille and Mr. Green , AJ , Jon Rob, BMel, Zach, And a whole bunch of other great people who make the trip worth while ! Hurry up week and go by faster !!! Matt Your gonna be in your element man !!

btw i am going up there on Friday morning, anyone else going friday?

If you are … can I hitch a ride to Rosen plaza from the airport? lol

I will for sure be there. Got my time off work and my flight booked. See you all there!!!

I’ll be there as of tuesday, if anybody is getting in early and doesn’t know people, lemme know. Most people start getting in on Wednesday, but every year it seems like more people are getting in even earlier.

Kyle

I will be there thursday and saturday! ;D
When can we meet up?

how much spending money do you guys recommend? I’ve never been and I’m super excited to pick up some new throws!

Did you buy the worlds yoyo? If so id bring like 150, if not 200 or 225 should be good. I bought the yoyo and im bringing 300, but this is the final contest in the usa for a while, so I gotta go all out!

normally you can drop around $150 pretty easy on the last day buying yoyos cheap from people looking for cash. Depending on if you like special edition throws you could easily drop another $200 on worlds edition yoyos between the duncan, yoyojam and other booths.

I myself spent around $400 last year but only brought $200 but I sold a good amount of stuff my first day.

Myself, and 1 radical seas team member are going, find us to try out the set sail!
Or try one out at the yoyobestbuy table!

I should be there the last day!

Going!

1 Like

I’m going to worlds :slight_smile: I went last year and had fun. Although sadly I probably won’t be able to stay at the hotel there but I’ll probably stay at the one across the street… It’s all booked up D: Unless something opens up :slight_smile:
^^ I like emoticons

Do NOT trust their online reservation system. CALL them directly. There is a block of rooms (and a special rate) specifically for the World YoYo Contest, so make sure you tell them why you’re going to be there. I think maybe 1 or 2 years in the last 13 have the rooms ever filled completely.

I’m not sure when the block gets released though, it may be too close to the contest to get those rooms and they may have been given to other guests already. Worth a shot though, I’ve booked rooms as few as 2 days before by calling, even when their online system said there were none.

Kyle

Kyo,Calling them is your best bet, good call Kyle… Getting psyched here ! Dingo,at times it looks like a open air market. Bartering and selling all around you just standing and listening to everyone talk Yo’s is interesting. It’s what Turtle Man would call "Live Action " YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

If anyone can tell me, is it fairly easy to get a pass for 2 people on Friday? I didn’t have the money to buy before hand and now I can’t buy them online. I am only going on the 9th and 10th because on the 8th, I will be coming back from the Everglades and spending time with family.