Who's getting a Ricochet?

I think the Ricochet looks pretty darn cool! I’m saving for one.

Ben, is this the same yoyo you had at BAC last year?

It is. Just an updated version.

1 Like

That was a prototype yup, that one was basically a titanium Protege.

1 Like

Awe man!! That would be awesome. I absolutely adored the protege. I still have mine and it has been through A LOT!!!

Kinda just wanted to say a small something:

Ricochet looks amazing as a classic shape that is made with the Titanium material.
Not just that, but keeping the price in the $200 range is a heck of a lot better then past Titanium yoyos, specifically lets all remember Anti-yos BSP.

So seeing this type of shape, at that price, at that material… Pretty dang skippy if you ask me.
I can’t get this unfortunately, as I had a previous Yoyofactory order.
I’m just wondering where the term “Ricochet” came from in order to name this. Due to the sparks?

Hope this throw is successful in sales.

~Z

1 Like

It is just the pictures here. Maybe we could get a picture of a MIB one here at YYE?

http://www.yoyofactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Ricochet-YYF-07-11_27_2012.jpg

mine : http://instagram.com/p/WxLn8XPr64/

It does look really beautiful! I love the raw look.

We will get some new pictures up tomorrow too - the titanium is so reflective when you picture it at an angle it reflects the engraving making it look not as sharp. But we will try to get it a little clearer as it does look great in person and the current picture does it no justice.

1 Like

So, since this thread kind of derailed I thought I’d just clear something up for the original poster.

The question was: “Who’s getting a Ricochet?”

The answer is:

Getting a Ricochet:
Sanchez202
yuki onitsura
Steve Brown
vicvonboom
YoyoGeezer
nunyx
stephosh

Not Getting a Ricochet:
JamesMay
throwrw
Yoyo8821
slowyojoe
SR
dingo54
Hippo Samurai
ArchersAxe
Studio42
Jcpdx503
aironish
Bcmaddog
SaltySalvador

Didn’t Say
Tuxedodave
boywithcap
jackbates8
LeftyLink
supbreh1234
TheMachinist
nicholi2789
skatalite
SteveB327
Socom
n00bbeginner
Slade Riggs
SkyHighYo
saintrobyn
stookie
N8dogg
homba
MYNAMEISZen
augmentedloyalty
WildCat23
Nivo
yoyoavenger
BenM36
ColeJ
~Z

5 Likes

So has anybody got their Ricochet yet? Expecting mine tomorrow morning.

Yuki

Thank you Steve for your awesomeness. I was real close to ordering one myself, but I actually have the opposite view as ^ Chris here. Like the shape, like the hub design, but the undersized dimensions will most certainly break me out in a rash. So put me on the “no” list.

You can move me from the “didn’t say” to the “no” section, Steve.

I’m not good enough to deserve a titanium throw.

And yeah, the size is kind of smaller than what I’ve found I’m comfortable with.

But thanks to Ben for linking me to those videos! They were a blast to watch.

Made me laugh a little. Thanks Steve. I’m expecting mine in the mail tomorrow.

The hard part will be waiting until Saturday to spark it at my yoyo club meet up :wink:

1 Like

Everyone who gets one:
Reply tomorrow or whenever with how it is, and your first impressions on a throw :slight_smile:

Aye aye, cap’n! mock salute

Yuki

I am not getting one but I won’t lie, I was excited when i saw it. I thought it sold out for some reason, don’t know why it was showing zero in stock yesterday but now it’s showing up.

Tbh, if I can try one… I wouldn’t mind spending the $ if I liked it. I am sure I am not the only one either… If only we could test throw yoyos :stuck_out_tongue:

The first batch of them sold out and they restocked them. The first release I think had 12 of each color.

Wouldn’t mind having one, but I sure mind spending that much on a yoyo. Not sayin it’s not worth it, just that cash is low and need to pay bills and food. I’d sorta buy two onedrops. I’ve been avoiding undersized.