Where yoyos go to die...

Those are from the spectral cloak run done by him . Only a couple were sold on eBay. If I remember right they were done using a type of titanium anodizing process… that’s about all I know since im not a anodizer. Amazing work.

You bet! I’m actually in Las Vegas right now for the Consumer Electronics Show, but i’m back home this weekend so I’ll see what other can do about taking some new photos of the oldies. Got a new Sony NEX 6 that needs a little breaking in, so it’d be a good excuse to mess around with it.

Jason

Sent from mobile.

Yup I polished up a big batch of yoyos and had them coated with a special titanium process that get the ‘spectral Cloak’ finish. Wouldn’t do it again though because half of the yoyos I had done came back with horrible vibe.

The other half are stunning though.

Jason

Sent from mobile.

Nice can’t wait to see those oldies.

Im drooling over those peaks…

Aren’t we all :slight_smile: lol

I need this work shift to hurry up and get over with cause I got myself a peak waiting in the mailbox!

There are so many of those I want

Wow…just wow. This is a beautiful collection! I can pay you in gum

how much for some of the clyws if you are willing to trade ???

How much _ have you spent? Maybe 10,000-50,000?

I have no idea and I’d prefer not to think about it that way. :stuck_out_tongue: I did spend a lot of money on yoyos, but much of my collection was also obtained through trade and supplemented with my anodizing work, so I didn’t purchase everything at retail prices.

Here’s a couple photos I shared in a different thread:

I have started selling off parts of my collection that I have decided not to focus on. For now, I’m mainly going to be collecting Peaks, TKs, FHZs, protos and vintage stuff.

I am quite envious, but I have fun with what I’ve got as well. :slight_smile:

As for the amount of yoyos, just looking at the picture and doing a ballpark, there’s roughly 23 columns of 12 plus the four B!st at the top. So like 280 in the shot plus the TKs and all them.

Wow! Lol

Jason those cases look amazing.

Definitely going to have to do something like that. I forgot, did you say the foam came with the cases? or where?

Thanks.

I ordered the foam online. You can google ‘bulk foam’ to find various vendors.

I also ended up ordering too much the last time, so I was thinking I could cut it into pieces and sell it off to people who need some for their own projects if there’s interest.

Jason

I’m saving one of these yoyos from boredom and it feels great, can’t wait to get it!

Hey man, that’s terrifically perfect for us, eh? You could perhaps cut it to the size of one of those cases, eh? Perhaps with holes for the yoyo, eh?

I could do that, but it’s a lot of labor cutting everything perfectly and lining it all up. (It’s actually a lot harder than most people think. It’s quite easy to make shoddy looking foam inserts. :P)

But maybe if I just made a couple master templates and then referenced an exact keepsake box that is readily available at a nationwide retailer it would be feasible. Do you think people would be willing to pay $25 shipped for foam inserts for a 9 or 12 yoyo display?

Seems like a reasonable price in order to avoid the word of sourcing and ordering bulk foam. Sure, it’s cheaper to buy it yourself, but you’re stuck with a bunch of foam you didn’t want, and you might not have the means to cut it neatly square.

Cutting it is indeed the trick, isn’t it? I did some very careful measurements on mine, and cut my holes with a tomato paste can (with jagged edges from the can opener, of course); yet I still misaligned one hole.

If it were for a wall display (rather than the fishing tackle box I’m using!) I would be tempted to make a thin wooden template first, with guide holes cut via Forstner bit or hole saw.

Finally have the crowning jewel for my FHZ collection. <3!

Big thanks to Sparhawk for dropping me the lead. :slight_smile:

Happy to help and glad to see it arrived safely