Narrowed collection down to 12

This isn’t including a 4A yoyo, a couple 5a beaters or my daughter’s collection.

The only two of these 12 I’m considering swapping out is the MiniStar2 and AL SB FH1 for another unresponsive wood.

Nobody in my real world could care less or appreciate my preferences of narrowing down, but I think you all might.

30 Likes

What a beauty collect! currently I must be around 40 yoyos. But I’m going to go down to 30 :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you, and dropping ten yoyos ain’t easy, but you got this.

1 Like

Like weeds, there will be more.

8 Likes

Lol, agreed, I already know when General yo rereleased the Torrent I’ll be picking it up, even if I gotta sell one of these off

1 Like

Here’s my dirty dozen

This is it, aside from a handful of cheap plastics that live outside the case.

The plan is to swap out the 3 plastics in the case with the next 3 nice throws I get (most likely more One Drops), then force myself to get rid of one from the case if I want another after that.

11 Likes

And I’m just trying to figure out how to get my modern responsive collection under 20. This is both impressive and a little terrifying.

5 Likes

I made a ton of cash with my sales, but I didn’t really do it for the money, but the Monet was nice.

I just like having a collection where I absolutely love each and every yoyo.

Honestly, besides having Spinworthy make me more wooden throws, the Torrent, and a Peak, I really can’t thing of a yoyo I want. Maybe that’s weird, I dunno. Oh, an OG Project and 07 888 lol.

6 Likes

Respect! Even if my core rotation is definitely not more then 12 throws it would take a decade to set my collection free.

1 Like

Referring to new yoyos as weeds really is an apt comparison. I went from 21+ unknowns down to 7. And my new obsession of CLYWs has taken their place lol. I still love Unknowns, but the ones I’m down to now are actually the ones I actually play most often.

As soon as I felt like I did a good job culling down my collection to just my favorites though, new favorites pulled me back in. Limiting your collection size to just whatever specific storage/display solution you use seems like it’s been pretty effective for everybody who uses this method.

Before

After

16 Likes

Oh no color and splashes :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I have a slight crush on HSpin pyro, ever since I got into the hobby (2008). I want a few more to make it more satisfying to see my pyro collection. But from other yoyos, I am already eternally gratified :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Black solids will always be the best yoyo color in my heart, but I’ve really grown to like having a little bit of color beyond black and neon yellow string in my yoyo life.

4 Likes

Me2 I also love black throws but you are right a bit of bright color can also be satisfying from time to time :rainbow:

1 Like

with the tray you can put string and tools. response… this is nice, one stop shopping.

1 Like

Man this is amazing! I’m honestly so jealous of your discipline to be able to do it. I’m hoping to start figuring out where I want to be with throws soon.

2 Likes

Those Pyros are gorgeous, I can’t believe I e been in the game so long and never tried one. I think the only Hspin I’ve tried was a Cut.

2 Likes

Nice selection. I’ve never considered actually having less yoyos.

Man, even if it’s a friend’s, but you have to try one someday! It’s a heavy, organic brick, and 30~40% of its production has some nailvibe~vibe. But on string is where the magic happens hahahaha

3 Likes

Yeah, it was all about making sure each of my needs were met

Pocket friendly - Ditch and MiniStar2
Metal responsive - RBC and OG Moonshine
Fixed - Button
I’m too broke to buy an OG Peak or Antiyo - Peak 2 and End 2
I’d break sobriety if I didn’t have - Hatrick and 5 star
Competition - Prestige
Respect your roots - Duncan Small Bearing FH1
Wooden unresponsive is unreal - Spinworthy T.T.S.S.

8 Likes