What's your worst injury from yoyoing?

Had a diamondback hit my eye lid about 8 years ago, scar is still there.

3 Likes

I know the feeling

I think one major lesson to be learned from one common trend i found:

don’t put a yoyo away with a bad bind lol. i now always try to do one super basic bind before i end the sesh with a specific throw, that way i know the chances are very low of a snag/knotted bind

8 Likes

This is so true hahahaha

2 Likes

my financial responsibility

7 Likes

Dude February was brutal on my wallet. So many incredible yoyos, and rare opportunities that I couldn’t pass up

3 Likes

This.
This is the truth!

:rofl:

kgb

1 Like

Pre String Lab

7 Likes

This one was the small one… I got caught again a few months later and it was a lot worse than this one, but I lost the photo somehow… The second time surely could have used a few stitches, but I hate the hospital so I just put a band aid on it! And everyone is correct about not putting a yoyo away with a knot or after a questionable bind, but I’ve also learned that reaction time is not so good first thing in the morning which is when both of mine happened… So now if I throw after waking up, I throw slow and easy until I have time to get fully awake!

3 Likes

Was wondering if anyone mentioned the wallet pain. Kudos, same here. As far as actual injury, nothing too bad really, but lately my knuckles have been getting smacked more than a cut-up in catholic school’s.

1 Like

Timestamp on live 11:55 :rofl::rofl: Another Live!!!!!!!! - YouTube

Just a little cut but there is a big bruse you cant see on camera

4 Likes

Bonked myself in the eye with a yomega maverick in the 5th grade. Threw the yoyo down and I guess the string was knotted up inside so it came back up really quickly about half way down the string and I was not ready lol

2 Likes

Fixed Axle Friday didn’t go so well for me yesterday. String broke as the yo-yo was coming back from shoot the moon and nailed me right in the eye. Gouge, stars and quite a bit of blood from such a small cut. Shoot the moon can be pretty dangerous. I think I’m going to start wearing safety goggles.

This doesn’t look so bad in the pic, but damn, it hurts. Will probably be a nice dark bruise by tomorrow.

6 Likes

Ouch, that’s a bad one!

I swear the shock was similar to when I got in a car accident and had something like 50 stitches in that same side of my head. I’m going to be kind of gun shy for a while. Sadly, the yo-yo was a pocketEH, which I just got a couple more of from YYE today.

5 Likes

Just added scar #3 to my forehead. :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Day 2

7 Likes

YIKES! Maybe I need to get a hockey mask! :astonished:

1 Like

I get to join this thread today. Do the safety throw after a loose bind, dont wind up like me lol.

5 Likes