Yoyo injury

What’s the worst injury you’ve had from throwing?

3 Likes

Worlds 2009 I split my nose bridge trying to learn sideways tricks. My buddy Adam was there lol. Still have a small scar from it.

9 Likes

Thanks for answering my question! My worst injury was when I threw a yoyo and then it snagged and then it came back and hit me hard in the elbow.

3 Likes

That sounds painful!!

1 Like

It was :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

March 2020. I was in my room practicing anything. I did a bad snap start with a magicyoyo v4 and tangled the string (unknown to me). I attempted to perform a breakaway when the yoyo started swinging at me. The yoyo flung straight at my eyeball and I suffered with a sore eye socket and minor temporary eye damage. It still hurts if I move my eye too far.

5 Likes

Bvm2 chipped my front tooth in half. Couldn’t find it so I had to have synthetic put in. Also a yyj quest and paradigm shift have both hit me in the eyelid and had to get stitches both times

7 Likes

Jaw copped the side of my yoyo not fun

2 Likes

OD Rally split my eyebrow in half on a breakaway after a bad bind. Still have the scar. No longer have the Rally.

4 Likes

Split my chin with my OD Benchmark b/c of a throw that snagged. Used super glue on the split and was glad not to get a scar.

3 Likes

Throwing eye level loops in an atrium in collage science building full of students, with a 98 gram Ebony Wood throw, by Monarch yo-yos. The string broke at my finger as the yo-yo was on the way back to my hand that was at eye level. The yo-yo hit me above the right eye and sent me to the floor, cut eye.

4 Likes

Bad bind caused a snag, threw a breakaway which swung back and cut underneath my eyebrow with a Replay Pro of all things, lucky it wasn’t worse.

I threw a breakaway earlier today and my 2 year old boy ran towards me as I did it, thankfully I pulled out of the throw last minute which cut the power right down but it still clocked him just behind the right ear. I feel awful but he’s ok, had a small lump and a few tears. It could have been bad as it was with a YYF Edge Beyond which is pretty sharp around the rims. Definitely not throwing around the kids anymore.

3 Likes

I was learning to loop and I smashed my collarbone. I had a cut and a bad bruise. I’ve also smashed my head and face numeral times. With a bimetal on the stainless part. Ouch.

2 Likes