What's your worst injury from yoyoing?

Cut the side of my eye pretty good one time… almost needed stitches. Talk about something bad that has happened to you from a yoyo…

3 Likes

I had my throw hand callous split wide open but that’s about it. Oh no, it’s only a matter of time. I can’t keep playing the law of averages this way forever. I know for a fact I will eventually injure myself haha. Lots of close shaves with my face/teeth though.

4 Likes

Had a few close calls with my head… knock on wood… worst was probably when I banged the tip of my nth index finger dead on with a snagged breakaway. The whole tip went numb for a minute and was tingly for a month or so after.

4 Likes

Split one of my eyebrows wide open, borderline gash for getting stitches (could havd got 1 or 2 tbh, as a former EMT). I got a scar, but my eyebrows hide it so I don’t really mind. I was just happy that I didn’t ruin my glasses that allow me to see life ($300 lenses, $200 frames, pretty new at the time).

3 Likes

I fear for my teeth haha

Ouchhhhh

1 Like

Almost same injury as me

1 Like

Smacked myself in the eyebrow pretty good when I first got my Recess Snack. Was doing some over/under boings and the yoyo snagged and left a nice lump on my face for a few days.

1 Like

Gotta be careful with those haha

I never got a real injury from yoyoing😎

4 Likes

smacked myself so hard in the head with a throw monkey, by duncan yoyos - caps popped out.

mgodzilla

sunny…

4 Likes

Hopefully you never do!

1 Like

Ooofffff

Absolutely destroyed the back of my left hand with the TiVayder when it first arrived. Like within 10 minutes of opening the box. Threw it once, apparently did not bind well, then the second throw went for a simple trapeze and the bind caught, started to return and slammed right into the back of my hand with most of the power of my breakaway. Had a bruise and couldn’t really make a fist for a couple days.

2 Likes

Split the bridge of my nose while learning brent stole. Using a Bonfire that snagged way too often. Popped the yoyo up and it snagged and came down right across my nose.

Walter has almost gotten me a few times, been bruised a few times by that yoyo, haven’t been cut yet.

2 Likes

I’ve done that before haha

2 Likes

Dangggg… looks like Brent got your nose. Haha

2 Likes

i also got my eyes really bad once, didnt realize anything happened until blood started pouring down my face haha need a few stitches, the best part is i actually got it on video

2 Likes

I didn’t know i was bleeding till I touched where I got hit haha

My worst injury is probably bruises on the top of my left hand from the yoyo snagging.

I have some that is pretty interesting though. I have scars like this at the same position on my middle and fourth finger on both hands from getting whipped by the string. Anyone else has a scar like this?

5 Likes