Yoyo Related Injuries

Seeing as most yoyos are made of metal and generally fly through the air, I was just curious as to what kind of yoyo related injuries everyone has acquired.

Personally, about a month ago, I took a Dark Magic 2 to the lip and got a couple stitches. Fun story to tell at the health center! Since then, nothing but a couple bruises on the hands and fingers.

How about you all? Feel free to share your stories and the culprits behind the damage!

There are way to many of these threads.

1 Like

That may be so, but im going to post anyways ;D

Gave myself a healthy black eye with my sasquatch. Ouch! Had a snag and set it down for a while, picked it up like 20 minutes laterā€¦ I threw hard like i normally would, BINK!! right off my eyeball, It hit me soo hard i saw stars. I was a little skittish everytime i threw for a couple daysā€¦

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,25934.0.html
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,30951.0.html
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,1873.0.html
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,13976.0.html

thatā€™s just a few. Itā€™s fine though. continue.

In my 13 years of throwing, I have only been really hit once, and that was about a while ago when an aquarius snagged during a regen and hit me above the eye.
I usually never get hit, because yoyos understand how awesome I am and always avoid hitting me cause they know my superiority to other player who might find them in their hands. That one aquarius obviously had a rebellious attitude and I promptly threw it in the trash. No yoyo hits me when Im using it. No yoyo, if they know who they are dealing with.

J

1 Like

I really donā€™t understand how a yoyo can snag and hit you in the face, arm maybe.

If you donā€™t show the yoyo whoā€™s boss, theyā€™ll take charge. It is all about the discipline.

snags, goes around your finger and bam. Happens more than you think. Iā€™ve done it.

But my yoyo is a YYF Bossā€¦

Maybe you havenā€™t been throwing long enough.

Iā€™ve had some near misses in my almost 7 months.

I once took a pretty serious hit to the temple with my project.

Speaking of that project, it is the yoyo that I was using onstage when I dislocated my knee. Quite painful, really.

no worries, It will happen someday lol :smiley:

The only time that I have ever been hit was when I had a knot and the I came back and hit me in the funny bone. What kind of tricks tend to get the kind if snag that hits you in the face?

Iā€™ve been throwing For almost a year now (Jan). Well, before that it was intermediate tricks on a maverick because of a fad at my school, so I guess more then a year.

You aint a true yoyoer till youā€™ve hit yerself :wink:

(and if itā€™s on purpose, that dont count.) (improper grammar FTW!)

Then Iā€™m like a pro I hit my self all the time

lol

Well it finally happenedā€¦

I was throwing my new gnarwhal that i received in the mail todayā€¦ Went to throw a break away and BOOM it came right up and bashed me directly in the eye socketā€¦

Im praying to god i dont wake up with a wicked black eye tomorrowā€¦

-xICooRsYIx

ok so it was a day before my cousins weddingā€¦ i took out my noctu wich was beat with large rim damage threw it had a snag hit be below the eye had to get stiches and almost missed the weddingā€¦ fun day fun day ;D

oooh do i have some good ones.

My most memorable injury was when my friend showed me this trick where you tie this little knot in your sting that pops out when you pull on the sting. well I put the yo-yo thru the wrong side of the loop and yanked a little to hard, put a 2 inch gash in my palm of my non throw hand.

I also had a fun one when I was learning plastic whip. My DV888 went all the way thru the loop which wraps the string around your thumb. well my sting tension was all messed up and the Yo-Yo shot back up the sting which was wrapped around the end of my thumb. couldnā€™t bend my thumb for a week.

But by fare my most humbling injury happen just yesterday when I took a blows to the head that knocked me on my butt, fallowed on the next throw with a bash to the face that gave me a bloody nose, both from my little cousins hot pink kickside.

If you have never gotten hurt throwing, you must not be throwing hard enough lol

That would be pretty terrible.