Yoyo Related Injuries

It defiantly was, tried to do too much with a non broken in responsive Yo-Yo.

We needa sticky this.

I broke my lightbulb. Nuff said :confused:

Broadway Suicide with my Chief:

http://vimeo.com/35619878

What my eye and my Chief looked like after the fact:

Major OUCH!

And you caught it on video and shared at.

That was very painful to watch. Did you need stitches? Are you OK?

Iā€™m a registered nurse and I decided I didnā€™t need stitches, just butterfly band-aids to keep the wound together. Itā€™s swelling up quite a bit but I think Iā€™ll be fine! Honestly, had I not been recording it I probably would have been much more upset. The slow-motion sound effects have made me laugh enough that Iā€™m not that Iā€™m okay about dinging the Chief and I forgot about the pain. At least Iā€™ll always remember how the Chief received its ding!

the worst I had (have, actually) is a tendinitis that Iā€™ve got practicing for EYYC, still carrying it right now as I just canā€™t stop throwing even tho I should.

I hit my lip with my sasuatch once. Cut it open and even could see the mark go through my lip. Not like a hole though.

long list short

8 black eyes snaggy
broke my wrist didnt know there was a knot
3 horizontal right in the temple
concussion eli hops behind back stright into my head (not a bad concussion)

Hit myself on the nose yesterday, it broke skin and bled a bit and hurt like a bitch, but really wasnā€™t that bad.

ahhhh. That ding on the Chief, from your head!!! Ahhhh. The thought of that makes me cringe. Oh, and yeah, it looks like u sorta hurt your head. meh. But the Chief!!! Just kidding. That videoā€¦THat looked soo painful. Hope your okay. Ouch.

One of my most crowd pleasing tricks is almost braining friends with eli hops, and pulling it away, and inch away from their face. Well, ive only hit 5

I do this all the time, Iā€™ve never hit anyone, lol

Last year I did that to a guy who said ā€œI can do that!ā€ while I was yoyoing.

Wow, that looked quite painful. Sorry but I couldnā€™t help it laugh at the slow motion ā€˜pingā€™ of the yoyo when it made contact.

The other day, I pulled the Littles out, not realizing the string was snagged inside. I did a strong throw immediately from taking it out of the picket nearly getting a nice uppercut to the chin by this. Luckily the string was just far enough in that it just grazed my face, as I pulled the head back.

I tried horizontals with my RecRev a little while ago when it actually did make some contact. Not like what happened in the video but it did spook me a bit. The same yoyo also bruised my knuckles when I was learning Eli Hops. Maybe thatā€™s why my No. 9ā€™s black and blue!

Lastly, not yoyo-related but close enough: I was outside messing with my diabolo, launching it skyward 30 feet. I caught it alright, via the faceā€¦not the string. The rim of it smacked me in the lip, lip felt fat and numb for a while.

lol

I had never seen that regen before. I tried one the other day and couldnā€™t get it. I guess I want using my head :smiley:

Happens when throwing horizontal.

But as for me Iā€™ve hit my jaw with my JK (Sharp rims.) and hit my tooth with my Dv888 did more damage to the yoyoā€¦ XD

But other then that just a few hits here and there.

I have actually only been hit by a yoyo twice. Once was when I was attempting to do Zipper [around my 3rd month of yoyoing. And this is my 15th] and the yoyo went straight to my right eye and experienced white flash for a split second. I never did a frontstyle Zipper until just a few months ago when I now know how to control the yoyo more.

And I bust my forehead open a Friday before Spring Break the past school year. I just finished taking my Econ midterm in high school and I decided to throw. Bad bind, nasty snag that I didnt know of, strong breakaway and BAM! I hit myself in that region between my eyebrows. I thought I just hurt myself until I put my hand on my face and saw blood on my hands.

I was sent to the medical office even though class was already over. The cut was pretty deep but I didnā€™t need stitches :]

I needed to unwind after the first night of SacAnime so I was in the hotel room throwing for a few minutes. DM2 in my pocket all day, well, the string really should have been completely unwound and wound back. Oh well. First throw, BAM, right on the left side of my nose near the eye, very shallow cut. Amazing it didnā€™t break my glasses, or damage them in any way. Not sure how it went down, itā€™s like the glasses got pushed out of the way. Fortunately it didnā€™t bleed too long or too much. My glasses were a bit uncomfortable later that night and the next morning.

i only had one good one with my DM2 well praticing brent stoles. finger came out of loop after a strong throw and that sucker flew right up into my cheek and knocked my glasses off. had a huge bruise and partial black eye for about a week. it hit so hard the plastic holding the axel in on the throw broke and YYE replaced it for meā€¦yah it sucked lol