What's your worst injury from yoyoing?

That is interesting. Nothing like that yet

1 Like

Semi recently I forget what I was doing, I think hopping the fence and I pulled wrong and nailed myself in the nuts dropping me like a sack of potatoes.

6 Likes

I actually cut my head open doing the boomerang with a replay pro. Stung super bad but looking back I can laugh.

3 Likes

Ouchhhh

1 Like

This one time, I did a trapeze, then I fell off said trapeze. Plummeted 20ft to the ground. Never again will I touch the high-wire.

8 Likes

I’ve had yo-yos cut my hands, bash my groin and knock my glasses, but the worst injury was to my dignity last night. I was up late working and decided to throw for a bit to unwind before going to bed. I was so tired that I missed badly and the yoyo bounced off one hand, then the other and bonked me on the nose hard enough to make my eyes water. Don’t throw when over tired.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I have done the exact same thing

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Tried throwing some off string when I was getting a bit tired, and I threw way too hard, only for it to come down hard and hit me in the eye. Took a week off after that, lol.

3 Likes

It really be like that

2 Likes

Having some low times makes the good ones that much better, in comparison. It’s worth it. I considered quitting the first time I whacked myself in the face with a yoyo, but I couldn’t bring myself to stop yoyo-ing. No risk, no reward. Hope you’re all having a good day!

1 Like

Not me but it popped up in my feed and it’s very funny!

7 Likes

Split my eyebrow. Seems to be a popular place to get hit

10 Likes

I think I have been very lucky, at least until today. In twelve years I have never injured myself in any way, never bruises or cuts or chipped / broken teeth … I am, I believe, also one of the few who has managed to harm a yoyo, I am not talking about indirect damage, like dings but direct damage … these two marks he left on my right upper incisor … it was one of the first times I tried to do a horizontal throw and I have been very quick to pull my head back when I realized what it was about happen … but not so fast as to avoid contact, harmless for me, for Wasabi, a little less! :cry:

3 Likes

The caption on the video :man_facepalming: “This guy thought he was skilled enough to do a yoyo trick. However, he quickly learned he needed more practice” Yes, that Adam Brewster is quite the hack :rofl: :rofl:

My worst injury was when I didn’t realize I got a loop around my bearing. Popped up the yoyo for a slack trick and the yoyo responded and came down across the bridge of my nose, splitting it open.

6 Likes

I posted this video to the comments in that video…

9 Likes

Looks like mine haha

Dang…sounds rough

I had a pretty bad bruise on my eyelid from a bad snag I didn’t know was there.

2 Likes

Snags are scary

1 Like

I picked up a yo-yo that I put away with a knot it the bearing(bad move) and went to throw a breakaway and it came back and hit me in the head.

3 Likes