What's your one "trusty" yoyo?

WOW Nick!!! that this is CRAZY!!! haha. Jrod would love that yoyo…

I’ve had so much fun with that YFactor. The way I see it, every one of those dings represents a time that I was throwing and enjoying myself. I’ve thought about getting it re-finished or just stripped raw, but eventually that’s going to happen naturally. I plan to throw that yoyo every day for the rest of my life, and while that will likely not happen, I like the idea enough to say it aloud and will try to hold true to it.

My CODE2 has plenty of damage as well, but it’ll be years before it looks like that YFactor. The YFactor was my first metal yoyo and my inexperience is definitely the reason it’s sustained so much damage.

Well, my YYJ HM pretty much fills the bill. Next would be my Higby Journey.

I’m a bit sad that I don’t have one that meets that description.

If you told me to narrow my collection down to one yoyo, right now it would be the El Ranchero. But it’s also my newest, so it’s hard for me to call it my “trusty” yoyo yet. Give me another few months of toting it everywhere. Like a gunslinger rancher.

I alway’s have the Adegle PSG with me. 8) …

Code 2 hands down.

I have carried my chief and arctic circle around, but for all around stress free play I vote for my supernova lite. It just floats and flows through everything I can do.

I have 2. The first is my klr. Its that yoyo that i dont mind dinging, and just plays absolutely perfect for me. There was one week were that was all i used and i kind of forgot about all of my other throws :). My other trusty throw is my punchline. Wow this yoyo has been through a LOT i got it a little over 2 years ago. It was my 4th yoyo i had ever bought. Now heres the crazy part after all this time it is STILL mint. It has stuck around with me through good and bad, lost its axle andgot a new one, been smacked on wood countless time and still remains punchline smooth. Altough i dont play it often i still consider it my personal yoyo.

Well, I have two different yoyos that I would consider “Trusty”.
The one that I carry around, beat up, love, feel the most comfortable learning something new on, etc. is my Burnside. I got it from a really cool guy in the community when I was first starting out, so its got sentimental value, as well as being really my ideal yoyo shape.
The yoyo that I feel is just on, that I can hit anything with, that I play my best with, is my Rec Rev Freq. Wave. This thing feels effortless, like I can hit anything at all on command. You throw a new YYSL Type X in there and just burn through whatever you want to throw.

It seems a common thing to have two of these types of throw. I think I’m going to be controversial and say I have three. I have a beaten Gullwing at work. This takes/has taken a huge amount of abuse, and I happily hand it out to co-workers to try out (late evenings/weekends :wink: ). It’s a little undersized and plays really nicely. Then I have a 7075 Catalyst which I adore. I take this everywhere because it’s an excellent stable throw but it doesn’t hold any kind of sentimental value to me and so I wouldn’t be too upset if it got hurt. Finally, whenever I want to throw properly, and settle in for a session I take out a Stealth Ogre. Dear me it’s good…

Ti Walker or Majesty. I never seem to have a bad throw or run out of spin time with either.

CLYW Chief

my blue and purple werrd hour.

Got two… Raw project. 1st run hat trick- this yoyo is basically indestructible (the finish marks easily and yet the aluminum itself is hella-strong- seems ding proof), and still pretty dang smooth.

KLR, Hour, Freq. wave and El Ranchero

YYF Superstar and One Drop Yelets.

Ernie sends out good vibes!

One Drop MarkMont Next

Currently it is a five way tie.

Summit
Wrath
Cascade
Burnside
Yelets

My cupcake. Hasn’t been dinged after months of intense use. I take it EVERYWHERE and it can handle EVERYTHING. I also think it’s gorgeous, and if I went to a contest I’d use it, if I HAD to compete and didn’t have a routine or anything prepared I would feel confident because I would have my cupcake.

Oh yeah, and it fits well in my hand and spins forever. Gah, I love it.