What’s your favorite yoyo?

I’m going to try to make the perfect yoyo(in cad). But in order to do that I need to know what your favorite yoyos are. What are your favorite yoyos? Price is not a factor in this.

2 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of high quality throws and 2-3 top notch throws but my absolute favorite stays my One Drop Top Deck.
Edit: number two is MFD Conspiracy…

5 Likes

My favorite is a One Drop Deep State. Not because of the shape, size or color. It was my first good yoyo. The one that got me past a learning block. The one with enough spin time to allow me to do the tricks that the cheap yoyo’s were failing on. Yes, I have better yoyos now, but it will always be my favorite.

11 Likes

I like your answer.

I have several but my all time favorite is still my DV888.

4 Likes

My MYY Silencer. It was my first responsive. Gave me my first and only black eye ever. It got me into responsive play. We real close.

4 Likes

The problem is I like different yo-yos at different times. I have too many yo-yos apparently ¯_ಠ_ಠ_/¯…About four regulars. I have some I take in and out box to say hello too and then squirrel away.
If you wanted to wow me, an organic, which could play responsive, very slightly under average size, hard coating, solid colours and under 100 smackeroos.

4 Likes

Still in the honeymoon phase, but I absolutely love the RCS Author. Another week or two and I will know for sure where it stands, but right now I reach for it first and it’s still impressing me every time I do.

4 Likes

I think my 70 gram, fixed axle, Spinworthy Hickory Ballsy by @Glenacius_K, might be my favorite yoyo of all time.

6 Likes

8 Likes

now thats what im talking about.

1 Like

The current favorite is the Marco! Also love the Wangle!

1 Like

:rofl:

9 Likes

Honestly, the CLYW Wildfire. Aside from preferring full size throws, I’ve always liked the stability of most bi-metals I’ve tried, but haven’t enjoyed the sort of… weighty feeling? Almost like they don’t want to change direction. The Wildfire in particular has escaped that curse well enough to be extremely fun for me, despite the “competition” label that it probably does deserve. It’s kind of like the best of both worlds. Perhaps that can be attributed to how light it is for a 56mm bi-metal? It’s only 63.8 grams. I dunno, I really like it.

3 Likes

You should keep an eye out for OPYOYOS Spright in that case. I tried the proto this weekend. It’s a 55g bi-metal :scream:

For more info : @chaosgow

3 Likes

Aotus is my favorite. I’ve owned one for about a year and i throw it daily. Conspiracy by mfd is second. I have to say Markmont opus is really fighting for that to spot!

5 Likes

There is no perfect yoyo. The perfect yoyo does not and will never exist. Objective measurements are secondary to subjective measurements when it comes to yoyos. Some people prefer Organics over V shapes. Some people prefer H shapes over W shapes. Some people will only play with bell shaped yoyos. Some people prefer bimetals and some people will never use a bimetal. Some people like grooved bearings and some people will only use flat bearings. These are things the YYE forums spend a lot of time arguing about (in a mostly friendly way).

You cannot make a perfect yoyo. You can make cool yoyos that a lot of people enjoy, you can make something you love, but you cannot make a perfect yoyo.

The best yoyo is the one that gets you most excited to play with it. The one that makes you want to practice or learn tricks. The one that makes you happy when you pick it up. But that might be the worst yoyo ever to the next guy.

If you’re making a yoyo, try to make something that you think you’ll love. Chances are, if you love it, a few others will too. My advice is to keep run sizes small. Don’t start a company, just sell enough pre-orders to your friends privately to make your investment small. That way you’re not chasing sales and you have your dream yoyo.

11 Likes

I’m a sucker for light yoyos, but 55g feels like it’s pushing it. Very curious.

1 Like

This Spinworthy that was a surprise gift. The wood is Photina, from a tree in the yard of Glen’s childhood home. Whenever I play this yoyo, it makes me think about how a simple toy can allow for friendships to form, even with people half a globe away. It doesn’t hurt that this yoyo also is an amazing player.

9 Likes

You really can’t design a perfect yo-yo for the masses, maybe a perfect yo-yo for yourself, but gathering everyone’s favorite yo-yo won’t help you get closer to a singular design. Personally it depends on the day for me. Ti Float, Murmur, Parlay, ReCognition, Pom Diffusion, Loop 720… Hell, the Colossus V was my favorite yesterday. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes