Whats the smoothest yoyo you've thrown?

Yo-yo Brothers Voyage. I feel vibe in every yo-yo I’ve ever had, even if it’s a minuscule amount. The Voyage was like glass. In time it got a teensy bit of vibe but that’s yo-yos for me. I never have glass smooth throws, no matter how amazing people claim the manufacturer to be.

3 Likes

Really, all yoyos are smooth for the first 2 throws (unless they come with defects). Then after that, it just disappears.

1 Like

I have a YYF Ultimatum that just stuns me with how smooth it is! It literally feels like it’s not even spinning when I put my finger to it. Even at the very edge of the rims it’s glass smooth. And with it being so wide with big rims I was really amazed that it could be that smooth that far from the center. I don’t hardly even throw it because I’m to afraid to hit it on something and loose that feeling. I have another that was also very smooth but it had a tiny bit of vibe on the outter edge but still a 9/10. Definitely a very good design from YYF! (Compared to others)

3 Likes

Mowl - Surveillance
Unparalleled - Flashback
iYoYo - FiRROX 7075, ​iCEBERG, STEEL
G2 - Banshee SS (AL7 + Normal), Covenant
Reykjavik Return Tops - Ragnarok, Freyja
OD - Valor
SFyoyos - Movement

Not in any particular order. Just what came to mind.

4 Likes

VTWO/BanSShee/inferno throws Twilight Phantom

2 Likes

My YoYoFriends Hummingbird. I think the excellent blast also plays a part in feeling super smooth.

3 Likes

C3yoyodesign cyber crash - I have one that’s an absolute anomaly it’s glass smooth - @GhostofSullivan can attest to this

5 Likes

C3 is very underrated as far as smooth yo-yos go

6 Likes

My Cybercrash is the same way. It may be in my top 3 smoothiest.

4 Likes

here it is. the smoothest yoyo I’ve thrown. its glass smooth, I cant tell how fast its spinning( its a strange feeling). which makes it a little more difficult on a responsive yoyo, I will have to learn its boundaries and soul link with it (soul eater anyone?) its a NQP as well for ano, maybe because its a little hazy? I dont know looks good to me…

6 Likes

My Basilisk from Zero Gravity is dead smooth. I don’t usually notice vibe much anyway, but it’s so smooth it made me take notice.

5 Likes

I have to come back to that… my smooth throw is YYF Horizon Ultra. It’s wierd how stable, silent and vibeless it is, it’s almost not a yoyo. LoL - I’m sure it’s an outlier at Horizon Ultra yoyo product line.

2 Likes

in my collection, its got to go to the G2 Covenant and both of the Atmos Projects release

3 Likes

YYF DNA and the Assassin

5 Likes

The first run of the Kappa is by far my smoothest throw. Its also my quietest throw (which is a HUGE plus for me).

There is something magical about this throw, I got in on the second run with the spiral engraving and it just wasn’t as smooth.

Despite the scuff it has from dinging my watch, it is still my favorite throw to jam with.

Another noteworthy throw for smoothness would have to be my B-Grade YYF Horizon 2 Proto, I honestly couldn’t even tell you why it is was made a B-Grade!

4 Likes

G2 albatross
Duncan haymaker x
Myy node ,katana
Yyf horizon

Those are very smooth I guess I got lucky but they are awesome especially haymaker x doesn’t look its spinning

1 Like

C3 Radius 7068.
No string/fingernail vibe, 10/10 smooth. It’s also extremely smooth when moving on the string, like a BUTTER.

2 Likes

My collection is only three yo-yos (Replay Pro, Speedaholic XX and Basecamp Expedition) but the Speedaholic is far and away the smoothest. When I first threw it I was impressed even after all the hype I’d read.

Ivan

4 Likes

The Recess Komodo. The way it unravels and plays along the string has a certain smoothness unlike anything else I’ve thrown. It’s hard to describe. It just feels the most flowy to me. It also has nearly zero vibe and is as quiet as a church mouse.

5 Likes

I have yo from a BUNCH of different brands and by FAR the the smoothest of them is my C3 Accelerator. I almost can’t even feel it spinning.

4 Likes