Whats the smoothest yoyo you've thrown?

whats the smoothest (no vibe) yoyo you’ve thrown?
go!

2 Likes

SPYY Flying V

6 Likes

Underdog. Hands down. It goes to exotic metals after that.

2 Likes

Any number of G2’s I’ve had. Circle City Muse is crazy smooth too. The One Drops with tapped axles are all super smooth too.

6 Likes

Smoothest of smooth?

Top Deck; clear.

Runner up: Covenant; clear.

Honorable mentions: Luftverk, RSO, Independent v2, PAFKA

5 Likes

The majority of modern throws I get I consider dead smooth or really close.

7 Likes

Golden Hour Submerged

3 Likes

but what’s the smoothest? or what ypu consider to be the smoothest. it just feels different

1 Like

the smoothest yoyo is no easy find. i tell you, yes i do, that the smoothest yoyo is impossible to find unless you have the smoothest map and the smoothest compass. even then, however, you must remember to chart backwards by 4’s and account for the almighty declination.

4 Likes

G2s are obviously consistently dead smooth. The smoothest I’ve ever thrown is the Freshly Dirty Cardboard Dreamboat. It has a marble like finish and it felt just like touching marble, even when spinning. You couldn’t tell it was spinning, it was so smooth.

9 Likes

Peregrine

4 Likes

SF Bliss

2 Likes

Can’t remember if I sold you mine or we both had separate experiences but yeah, absolutely the cardboard dreamboat I had was unequivocally the smoothest yoyo I’ve ever thrown. It’s the only throw that I’ve had that sticks out in my memory for smoothness. “Dead smooth” gets tossed around a lot but that thing set a really high bar for what the phrase means to me

4 Likes

My og topyo silenus for me. I remember saying woah when I first threw it.

6 Likes

RSO Mechavisz is currently the smoothest throw in my collection. Baby is glass smooth.

1 Like

A few come to mind. The first time I threw my General Yo Hatrick at Nationals 2009 is the first memory I have of a yoyo being “glass smooth,” to the point I wasn’t even sure it was spinning. Definitely an experience I don’t think will be topped, even if a lot of it probably has to do with nostalgia, and even though I’ve tried smoother or just as smooth yoyos since then. General Yo has kinda always been one of those companies that set the standard for how smooth yoyos could get though, and my Majesty, KLR, and Royal all come to mind as being stupid smooth, even to this day. OD Format C, Peak 2, my Grails and my G2’s are up there as well.

7 Likes

this! is what I am looking for…! that level lol

1 Like

I feel that smoothness is so random… like if one yoyo is glass smooth the same one but another won’t be as…

2 Likes

Well hobby master… Rosenberg & Spence have really good arguments…I agree…but since 2003-4 when unresponsive players took off…since the early days till now the YYR “Draupnir “ has been the standard of smooth! General Yo & GSquared have staked a claim too… like OD & freshly dirty have recently!

5 Likes

Agreed. G2s are the most consistently close to ‘dead smooth’, but other brands can be vary quite a bit (and can often be tuned significantly smoother). I’ve owned 2 (I suppose it’s possible it was the same one) Cardboard Dreamboats that had the same level of unbelievable smoothness.

4 Likes