Whats the smoothest yoyo you've thrown?

Yeah I think “shocking” would be how I’d describe first feeling it. And that’s after having a lot of the other really smooth yoyos people have mentioned. Seems silly to talk about it like that but it really was something else

3 Likes

Really interested in general yo still haven’t pulled the trigger was looking at the majesty and the royal 1

2 Likes

If you put 10 people in a room and asked them to define smooth you would get at least 4 definitions. Your right definition is not necessarily everyone reading this post.

6 Likes

yea but I’m asking the smoothest. not what smooth yoyos have you thrown. out of everything you have thrown, which was was noticeably the best

3 Likes

Also, to clarify, smoothness is a nice touch on a premium throw. But, I think it is almost irrelevant to actual throwing, except if the vibe can be felt on the string.

9 Likes

G2 and Yoyofriends have been glass smooth for me

7 Likes

I have to agree that G2 is Glass smooth standard, especially My Banshe SS. BANSHE SS If i have to pick the absolute smoothest 0 vibe ever, but dont bind a full power throw right away!

I also want to mention that General yo keeps coming up with (or revisiting) in my opinion equally smooth throws, the Royal 1 is so smooth i forget im holding a yoyo (except for that very comfortable solid weight).

7 Likes

my turntable 2. unfortunately, the spin time is so bad that it hardly matters.

3 Likes

This one stands out to me as well. It was a kinda strange and wonderful sensation!

2 Likes

Covenant. I take pride in only letting the dead smooth stuff out the door. But for some reason when I don’t think a yo-yo could be any smoother the covenant just is. On the fingernail and string there are some I don’t even know if they are spinning or not.

10 Likes

First one that really made me say “Woah!” was the RRT Death Adder. OD Free Solo was right behind it.

3 Likes

I’ve thrown glass smooth yoyos from the majority of manufacturers we carry. And i’m talking about “if I closed my eyes and touched it I wouldn’t know it was spinning” level of smooth. It’s not always consistent with one model, style, or even batch number, but you know it when you feel it.

14 Likes

Shaqshine FG and the G2 Banshee SS have been the only two that I can think of that were completely 100% vibe free, at least that you could feel.

3 Likes

Most/all of the yoyos I own are smooth enough for me. That being said the original general yo Torrent is probably the “smoothest” I’ve ever owned or thrown. That yo-yo set the bar pretty high for “smooth”.

9 Likes

Most Yoyos are smooth these days but there was a certain smooth magic to throwing the OG Spider Man at worlds 2011 before KingYoStar was even a thing that was pure magic.

2 Likes

Luftverk Ultima

10 Likes

Nice string!

1 Like

Flying V was the first thing that came to my mind but I didn’t post because I couldn’t really explain why it seems smoother than a hundred other smooth yo-yos… but it does!

6 Likes

Because it admittedly has Polished Rims instead of today’s contemporary Bi-Metal Styling.

3 Likes

My red and black halfswap sprung to mind but I hadn’t thought about the polished rims.

To be fair, all the spyys I’ve played have been extremely smooth, the kind of smoothness you compare any other throw to.

3 Likes