What's the most "neutral" monometal out there?

Wow yeah this one is … generic.

Nice one, also very typical.

The other two (Adel, Triple Point) I haven’t heard of at all?

1 Like

Here’s the Yoyo Scientific Triple Point. It was designed by our very own @Cannon.

Yoyo Scientific

The Japan Technology Adel was never sold at YYE. It’s a rather standard looking W shaped yoyo with very average specs. It is a great yoyo and definitely has that ‘made in Japan’ quality, but it probably might not be worth the $160 price tag.

2 Likes

Here is another that looks to be very neutral. Being called the ‘Helvetica’ I would imagine that was exactly YYR’s aim.

I have a hunch if I ever owned one of these it would make it into my top three.

1 Like

I actually made a topic for this!

2 Likes

To give a very bland answer I vote for the Shutter and the N12

I no longer own either though

Puffin2 is my vote.

1 Like

I don’t think neutral yoyos are necessarily the jack of all trades though. For example, you mentioned the Cadence, which is not neutral with its small diameter and wide gap.

1 Like

I’m just doing it off what he says

2 Likes

That’s what she said

2 Likes

Definitely older, but I’d say the OD 54 kinda fits this imo

1 Like

I think the ‘dream’ was our modern generic meaning least to offend anyone design.

888 was designed at its time to be the neutral version to the more radical G5 and GM2 designs that had preceded it.

Cypher was actually designed as a signature model but the player had a few things going on and instead it got the ‘general telease’ treatment and not so much love or attention. I still really dig it.

4 Likes

Yeah but he is right. Cadence is a terrible, almost opposite example. If what you were trying to do is use the Cadence as an example, you actually didn’t want a jack of all trades…

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout :grin: my final semester of college knocked me down a bit, I hope to start posting pictures on the yys instagram and update the website more once the busy season at work ends (another week or so).

I would agree that the triple point fits this well and that was the hope of the design (jack of all trades, master of none). Also the shutter fits well into this category.

4 Likes

You’re probably right. I have a different play style than most people, so my tastes are different.

1 Like

Pyro 3 by Hspin. It can do everything but it’s not extreme in any way.
Maybe in awesomeness though.

1 Like