What monometal has really impressed you?

What monometal throw has really impressed you? For it’s stability, comfort, performance, price point, looks and colorway? Did you not think you would enjoy it as much as you do? Did you replace the bearing, side effects, use a particular string to get it to where you love it?

For me personally, the Mowl Q has really impressed me. I really love organics over all other shapes and I’d put this in my top 3 easily. Out of the box with some Badwolfeco Slicc string and it’s smooth and stable as can be.

8 Likes

Anything in Titanium. :grinning:

2 Likes

1KPoS6C8YfjqUUI1Fd4gctMQ2I0lW0fGjWD4TAwxumY

6 Likes

For the money and performance you really can’t go wrong with the Duncan Barracuda - it’s just an outright great preforming YoYo

1 Like

B-Grade Creation, it felt pretty heavy yet doesn’t play it. Keeps the spins up and has some great stability. Been playing it with the BWC string that it comes with that has been pretty comfy.

The other one has been the G2 Decade, and for some reason just found that one one. It’s nimble, light, yet can direct it with ease.

1 Like

Pray tell, what else is in your top 3?

I’ve been enjoying the yoyofactory spotlight recently. Makes a great EDC

3 Likes

At the upper end of the price spectrum, it’s been all about the One Drop VTWO and the Top Deck for me. At the lower end of the price spectrum it’s been the C3 CyberCrash and Bastet II that have impressed me the most.

4 Likes

6 Likes

So I’m still pretty new to modern unresponsives, but I’m blown away by the GWAY Daredevil every time I throw it. It’s a 7068 buttery smooth and not too floaty the looks exactly like a mini clone of the ILYY Lynx.

3 Likes

For anyone in the <$50 budget range. The Unparalleled Elevation is a steal. It’s my go-to for practicing new combos. A 7075 mono that has power to outmatch many >$100 bimetal throws.

Can be unforgiving to miss catching if you’re binding at high rpm, but that’s about the only con on a laundry list of pros. Grinds and finger spins are solid. Wide enough for any slacks or whips you throw at it and easier for new players to land mounts

2 Likes

I had zero expectations when I bought this. I got it on sale and on a whim. Now it’s one of favorite throws and I’ll never sell it. It’s the ShyGuy from Zeekio. Probably the yoyo that has defied my expectations the most.

Honorable mention is the R-Type from YYF. Really digging it so far

2 Likes

I know I’m biased but I have to mention the TRT Buoy. I had absolutely zero input on the design but i really love the yoyo so I’m comfortable hyping it. Bruce & Jess have poured a lot of effort into this release and i seriously think they made a great throw.

And since you mentioned looks… check that Moon Rock.

5 Likes

I was just looking at that Code to buy on another site offering Labor Day discounts lol. Another excuse to buy. Is it as smooth as I keep hearing? Seems everyone has it as one of the top 3-5 in their collection

Ok… I got a good one for you…

I say, a good one because I have ‘hundreds of mono-metal yo-yos. You would think it would be near impossible to ‘easily pick just one out’.

Well…… it was very easy, lol.

Not only easy but ‘quick’… kinda like a game show where they ask the question and a contestant instantly hits the Buzzer!

And better yet, it isn’t even expensive. Mono means any single metal, correct?

Could be Ti, Mag, 7068, 7075, 6061, steel, Any single metal from $10 to $600+ dollars…

One that has really impressed me(at my mediocre skills level) is called the Godspeed.
Made by Yoyofactory as a signature model for Angelo Aguirre.

It is just such a nice playing yo-yo. It’s good looking, feels good in the hand, throws down the string well, snap starts easy, has good power, is very smooth, has good spin, very stable, plays at any speed, and at about $35, it’s an absolute steal in my opinion.

So, I would say it has obviously really impressed me.

4 Likes

Little league is my favorite right now. So smooth, basically infinite spin time compared to the rest of my old throws, and this colorway is amazing!

8 Likes

The SS Koi is a dream to play. Everything about it caught me by surprise, even the sound.

4 Likes

from the older throws: Chief it still stands up like a BOSS against new models. I am bias this was my favorite model in 2010 era

Newer models: Recog was my main edc last year it’s $45 retail I think and is 7068 Aluminum. So stable for trick learning.

2018 Banshee of course gets honorable mention as it’s grailed but the mini wide banshee is an absolute treat! So capable of landing combos on such a laughably mini diameter. The berry storm really sends it off too

6 Likes

Yoyofactory Element blew me away. It does everything I want it to do and even has enough power and stability to allow me to do my limited horizontal skills.

4 Likes

The OD freesolo is a remarkable monometal. Like it has a mini gyroscope balancer inside

6 Likes