What you HATE about yoyoing

Then don’t post in them.

1 Like

bro don’t screw with steve he will bury you

NICE.

Weird that you ask for an opinion then say “don’t post it”. :slight_smile:

I didn’t mean to sound mean, it’s just that if he actually hated these threads he most likely wouldn’t post in them. He’s just catering to the humor of the haters of hate. :wink:

Hate is a strong word and I can’t say I hate anything about yo-yoing. The only thing that is beyond frustrating are those rare off days that you can’t seem to hit the simplest of tricks. Usually my brain is distracted and it’s not relaxing to throw because of frustraition. It’s rare, but you just have to set the yoyo down and find something else to do. The flip side to that are those other days where you can hit anything with consistency. That’s when I play till the fingers bleed. :smiley:

What is there to hate about yoyo’s? It’s two disks joined by a dowel and some string. A kids toy. It’s really not a serious enough thing to hate. I’m not saying you can’t take it seriously but come on now, really. It’s fun and there isn’t anything more to it.

I’ll purposely make a bunch of little knots, all in a row, and then slowly untie them one by one, so they have to watch helplessly as their knot family members are all killed. The last one I’ll leave, so it can live with the trauma.

I hate knots that much.

Yo-Yo’ing is pretty chill compared to other Hobbies you might find yourself participating in…Like, watching that Football and Basketball. I can’t think of many things I dislike about Yo-Yo, other than knots in my string as previously said. Or having to use a new String, I do hate that but that is a love hate because we all know that new string feeling is the best.

I hate the damage to my hands from string friction and direct hits from unwanted binds. I had to start using lotion because of the skin damage caused by string friction.

I also hate when I recently lube a bearing and it is responsive for a while before the lube breaks in. Unexpected binds galore that have nearly bashed my knuckles and strangulating slipknots have made me so mad I’ve wanted to thrash some yoyos.

The other thing I hate is when the strings become dirty before getting unusable and I have to dispose of them anyway 'cause they look awful when dirty even tho they’re still functional (That’s kinda my fault anyway for not being clean enough and being a little OCD about it).

You sir are my long lost brother

That the best yoyos are so hard to find

1 Like

String tension. Constantly having to untwist the string is something I could do without. I also wish things like hot weather (sweaty fingers), cold weather (frozen fingers) and breezy weather (say goodbye to whips and slacks) didn’t make tricks that much more difficult, because I would Yo-Yo outside more often…

These are some small complaints though, Yo-Yoing is pretty great.

Not having backup response, or any response left at all… I have response in my YYJ Classic and Go Big and that’s it. It seems my 3 pairs of YYF Yellow Pads went to another dimension… :-\

This is such a negative thread. Why don’t you all you all quit if you hate yoyoing so much?

1 Like

You are incorrect. He posted his opinion about threads like yours. For you to suggest he not add his opinion to this mess of a thread contradicts the topic you created.

You never mentioned you were going to judge the Value of responses.

You asked the question.

PS. You didn’t sound mean at all. Just ignorant.

The word, ‘Hate’ has no place in Yoyo related conversations.

1 Like

I hate cleaning my bearings, and when I try to go for horizontal I sometimes end up hitting my face!

I hate when I’m trying to learn a new trick and i dont know what the tutorial is teaching you. So I now know half the trick and can’t figure out the rest cause of bad camera angle or whatever.

Easy example of this… Tractor Beam by Yuji Kelly

I don’t mind using the word hate in reference to something someone finds unsavory about the hobby. I’m a lefty and string tension really gets on my nerves from time to time. I hate bad string tension. Everyone posting on this thread must enjoy the hobby immensely or they wouldn’t be involved in it to this degree. I don’t see a problem with venting about what they don’t like. The answer can be and has been as innocuous as not having enough money to spend on the amazing throws they want to buy. And a new player may research their string tension problems and find this forum thread and read that other people share that frustration and they may not be doing something wrong, and that there’s a whole community of other players out there. Honest discussions that aren’t necessarily all positive can still be a net positive for the hobby as a whole.

1 Like

Yes it does, because I HATE the word HATE when it’s used in YoYo related conversations :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like