What trick are you working on?

I finally landed rancid milk the other day. Not well, not fast, but the whole trick beginning to end. Now I keep somehow ending up with the throwhand index finger loop near the end twisted around, and I have trouble with that second to last hop. That’s a tricky one.

4 Likes

Behind the head Eli Hops sounds like a good way to get a bump on the head.

3 Likes

Take a close look at the profile pic. That came from lack of safety throws.

7 Likes

Halfway through this flowy Charles Haycock combo.

3 Likes

i’ve been yoyoing for 3 months :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

Right now I’m working on kickflips for fixie, and Jade whip for unresponsive. I’ve landed like 3 out of ~50 takes of the kickflip, and I can kind of land Jade whip if I pause once I have the slack and yoyo on my throw hand and slowly guide the string into the gap. These are some tough ones!

4 Likes

been working on rock the baby :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

Follow it’s been the hardest trick for me for some reason, I have also been working on some horizontal

3 Likes

Just practice follow. You will end up doing it well. It is all about timing

3 Likes

horizontal is flippin awesome

1 Like

Currently working on some tutorials from MrMatio. Hiroyuki Suzuki speed combos, ladder…

1 Like

:grinning:

I recently learned both of those at the same time as well thats really cool! Im also working on the GT laceration (brent stole). Helped hone my technique for hidemasa hooks and lacerations to a trapeze mount but thats currently the trick that is tripping me up. The Brent Stole.
Update: watched Chris’ tutorial on it from CLYW on YouTube. and it makes so much more sense now haha.

2 Likes

Before there were helpfulin detail trick videos I worked on Brent Stole daily for months before I got it. All I had to work with was a general hand motion, no detail on why you’re doing what you’re doing or what you’re trying to get the string to do.

3 Likes

Nice. Obviously you had to work much harder to get it down.
It is a luxery for sure. Tutorial videos is mostly what I use to learn pretty much ANY trick.

2 Likes

Can anyone point me in the direction of some easy slack tricks?
I found Gondola awhile back and it’s SO satisfying to me to do the slack bit. I’d love to add some more to my trick list!
Thanks a lot guys!!

3 Likes

This was one of my first!

4 Likes

Perfect! Thanks Mark! I’ve seen this in a ton of tricks and had no idea it was so simple!

1 Like

Anthony Rojas’ “boingy baby”

It’s freaking hard lol

4 Likes