What trick are you working on?

Okay - this is freaking awesome, definitely need to learn it to throw into my frontstyle combo

3 Likes

That was super satisfying! Thanks again for the suggestion!
I came up with a fun little combo with this to do my gondola with too. I love how gondola looks, and now I’ve got a much spicier looking…but still very easy…way to pull it off! Should look really cool to non-yoers who don’t know any better! I might post a vid of it here soon’ish. Too lazy to do it tonight! lol

It’s a side ways around the world into a pinwheel landing on a trapeze, then a reverse pinwheel, dropping the yo then doing an (unproper) laceration landing into a trapeze…then a trapeze + bro, to the slack then finishing up with gondola and into a bind.

Fun stuff :D.

2 Likes

The Yotricks youtube page has some cool starter slacks

2 Likes

Kind of a suicide-kamikaze whip I came up with today. Ends on a kamikaze mount and from there I do the typical meta combo.

2 Likes

Been working on a few things lately. There’s a Takeshi combo and. a Gentry combo I’m working on, and I’m slowly developing my horizontal. Probably my favorite aspect of modern yoyoing and it feels as cool to do as it looks.

3 Likes

I can nearly Eiffel tower! Woo. I had to take a break cuz an 18 wheeler rear-ended me. BUT onward and upward!

4 Likes

So I just learned Mario’s Gentry speed combo and want to work on something else.

I’m trying to learn some tricks that are more in line with the current competition meta to add those elements to my skill set to build off them. Can anyone recommend any specific tutorials?

1 Like

Holy heck…hope everyone was okay!

Have you got the tower down? :smiley: Picture tricks are fun, and look really cool to people watching!

/giggle @ the ‘Mario’ typo!
This one? That’s crazy impressive!

I really haven’t yo’ed very much these past 2 months…but currently I’m working on 2 really fun combos. Think I’ll try to make videos of them one of these days. Nothing super difficult…but for where my skills are right now, they’re both super satisfying! And it feels super cool to come up with my own combos/tricks!

4 Likes

Yuuki slack… It’s been a long week. Slowly but surely.

2 Likes

Thanks dude. Yeah that’s the one.

I’m just kind of disappointed that I can’t find any tutorials that look like the kind of tricks I want to learn the most. Stuff that looks like Colin or Remy.

And it’s definitely a rewarding feeling when you start developing your own tricks/combos.

2 Likes

One ‘trick’ that I’ve never been able to hit is 2nd gen seasick :joy::ok_hand:t6:

3 Likes

I got you. Hope you have not seen this ones already.

this whole playlist by yoyojoe1

Tension hook stuff

Keiran stuff

Very common slack over stuff/tension slack that everyone uses

Colin stuff

The classic yuuki move if for some weird reason you don’t know it already

Jakub Plader stuff

Nate Dailey stuff

Some of my stuff that’s meta worthy

8 Likes

Thanks dude. Kieran was another I was thinking of.

3 Likes

np man. Added a couple more to that list that might be useful too.

3 Likes

Yeah I really can’t thank you enough. I just wasn’t aware of these different resources or exactly what terms I should be searching for, I just had a vague idea of what I was looking for. A lot of the tutorials I was looking at were great but just weren’t the trick types I was hoping to learn and were a bit more dated in style.

3 Likes

i’m working on Supercharger the most difficult part is the slack part of it it it so infuriating

2 Likes

Boingy Boing

4 Likes

that’s a hard one

2 Likes

Just made my own double slack combo. Gotta make it flowy and smooth now

2 Likes

send a video when you can!

2 Likes