Looking for trick recommendations (heres my current tricks i can do)

• List item
    Brain twister
    Split the atom
    Trapeze
    One and a half mount
    Eli hops
    Sometimes beef hook (working on it still)
    Mach 5
    1.5 side mount
    The whip

I can loop already but not both hands at same time

What do you think i should work on next that would improve my overall technical ability?

Ive noticed practicing beef hook has made it so i can throw a trapeze extremely fast now. Also due to my failures of beef hook i can also throw a slack into trapeze and brother which i find kinda nifty lol

Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Skin the gerbil
Jade whip
Boing-e-boing

2 Likes

Dang i forgot i can do boingy boingy. Not perfected yet though.

Skin the gerbil i should check that out! Ive heard of it but havent looked it up yet.

Shameless plug for the trick a week thread. Any of the recent weeks should be good, and there’s more to come. Trying to focus thread back toward tutorials for people wondering what to learn next at that beginner/intermediate skill level. Lots of stuff to sift through from here and the previous years.

Cold Fusion
Magic Drop/Shockwave
Kamikaze
Skin the Gerbil
Kwyjibo
Wrist mount/spirit bomb

Any of these classic tricks would be a great next trick to learn.

2 Likes

These are also good to add to your base trick list: Double or nothing, triple or nothing, buddahs revenge, slack trapeze, houdini, mcbride roller coaster, rewind, the matrix.

1 Like

I forgot to list double or nothing in my skill base lol. One mini combo ive come up with that im sure has been done is doing an eli hop but instead of catching it i throw it into a double or nothing haha

1 Like

This trick is my vote for the one trick to do next to answer that question. Simple to understand and there are some very important concepts this trick teaches.

Also definitely definitely check out the TaW. This week is spirit bomb, which is probably above your level for now, but checking out the tricks and attempting them (or the building blocks) is an amazing way to see what all is out there. Like for this week the building block trick would be wrist mount so instead of spirit bomb, you could just practice getting into and out of wrist mount. If you find a really really cool trick you want to push to learn (like how you did w beef hook), that is a fantastic way to improve your skill level.

3 Likes

It sounds like we have similar skill levels, and I’ve been meaning to look up some tricks to learn next also. So I’m happy that you created this thread.

Most of what I’ll say has been mentioned above. I used buddha’s revenge to learn the 1.5 mount. I think you’ll find it easy. Cold fusion seems like one that should definitely be part of your repetoire at your current level. I really like the matrix. It took me a while to get down consistently, but was a fun one to learn. Maybe try suicide/slackicide if you haven’t yet. I still have a pretty bad success rate, but it feels great when it lands. Pop n fresh might be a good level front style one if you haven’t tried it yet.

2 Likes

Kwijibo

1 Like

Thanks a ton for posting this trick. It’s a lot of fun an good for my skill level. I got through most of it. Just need to do the last part where he comes down on the string with his NTH. I’m hoping I have some time today to dedicate to that part and wrap up the whole trick.

It also made me realize how terrible I am at interpreting tricks without a verbal explanation. I had to rewatch it so many times to get exactly what he was doing for each part. I guess in general non-first person views are tougher on the brain, and I think he was a lefty too so that adds to the fun. I hope the ability to quickly interpret the movements in a video gets easier with experience.

1 Like

Hah the lefty part through me off too…it always does and getting better at figuring out how to get through tutorials absolutely happens and is a skill you can improve at like that’s how it happened for me at least. Stick w it and it gets easier and nice work! Good luck finishing up the trick! It’s a good one

3 Likes

I’d try at rewind and buddhas revenge. Kwyjibo and Cascade I’d also try after those two. Here’s rewind:

Yoyoexpert has a good list to follow along with video tutorials too

I just thought of the Matrix too. One of my favorite beginner tricks.

Branding, revolutions, Buddha’s revenge, cold fusion, Kwijibo, double or nothing