What trick are you working on?

My challenge is learning all of those well enough that I could even try to link them like you’re working on lol. I’ve found from goofing off that a big looping laceration is also pretty neat looking to start kwyjibo

2 Likes

Just learned kwyjibo in under an hour :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I got some sicko mode big chungus mode combos in the works

3 Likes

This. And i also found early on to kind of toss the string off you non throw finger and keep it close to you throw hand as the string comes around.

1 Like

Bet.

2 Likes

Yup! I forgot about that, your TH should not be the one doing the work in a 1.5 suicide.

Im trying to figure this out. Not necessarily the entire thing, just on how to do that triangle whip. No luck so far

1 Like

I was finally able to figure out a trick I wanted to create using @DocPop’s Devolution Mount!

edit: I just watched this, and I guess I’m actually using the Friction Wrist Mount; which kinda messes up the name of my trick!

I have several original tricks I plan on recording some day. They are not cutting edge, but I still think they are unique. It’s good to have tricks out there that are not so super hard I think. Even though they are hard for me, as I’ve been working on these things for years! Actually, I wanted to compile them for “Clash of the Ancients”, but I’m not gonna make that.

I’m also trying to do a combo with 3 Sea Sick repetitions to 3 boingy boings with a loop finish on Fixed Axle. I’ve hit it a couple of times on my Hickory Ballsy, and Merbau Harbinger Spinworthys!

5 Likes

I’d love to sea that fixed axle combo someday. I hope you share the videos and you should enter the contest.

6 Likes

Chunga Chunga Chunga…

1 Like

Any help with Yukki Slack? I got the concept down, however it looks very clunky, and 50% of the time the string wraps around the axle on the first of the two sets of revolutions.

Struggling to make this one look good!

2 Likes

This one frustrates me too

1 Like

I’m working on Bonesplint

4 Likes

I am working on 34 and boner pops. I can get through the entire trick but my pops look like garbage. Just mastered wizard drops and rancid milk.

Do you guys mostly make up your own tricks or learn others. I have a solid half dozen tricks I am working on of my own but they never feel complete.

3 Likes

Both! I have a handful of tricks and elements that I like to think I made myself. It’s neat when you learn a new trick and it opens up a huge window for adding personal embellishments with other tricks and elements.

1 Like

I’ve never created my own trick. I’m a beginner, so I’m still learning the standard repertoire and trying to master the basic elements.

The only thing I’ve done is come up with my own combo chain. I’ve also tweaked Chad’s Flow Routine every so slightly, but I don’t consider that “creating a trick”.

3 Likes

Alternating between Follow and Brent is a fun way to juggle your string tension! Makes it a whole lot easier to practice these two tricks when brushed back and forth. I’m also working on Trapeze Follow slowly but steadily.

Hoping to get White Buddha down this month if I find the freetime, it’ll probably be the most challenging thing I’ve tried myself so far so I’m a looking forward to it. :sweat_smile:

I watched the tutorial on Follow yesterday… I can do Jade Whip, but this one looks confusing in terms of getting the yoyo to loop around, keep the slack open, and not tangle the string around your hands.

1 Like

Your string tension has to be neutral! No exceptions. Otherwise the slack will never loop around properly, if the string is wrapping around your hand that means your not whipping the slack far forward enough!

1 Like