What trick are you working on?

boingy boing lol

3 Likes

Jade Whip

2 Likes

Ok. So I love the look of slack tricks. I would like to attempt to learn some more. I can currently do Trapeze Slack and Brother Slack. My skill set is limited. Skin the Gerbil and Matrix being my most difficult tricks I can do at present. So are there a few slack tricks that could be attained at this level without needing to learn more complex elements such as hooks and the like. Thanks for the suggestions.

2 Likes

Not a slack trick but I found the Hidemasa hook to be pretty easy.

2 Likes

Alright Steve so most slack tricks are a bit more advanced than your current level right now but I thought of a couple things to try. If you’re very comfortable with your slack trapeze, you can try a negative hook. It’s essentially the same movement as slack trapeze but you’re going to hop the Yoyo up and then swing the string, just like you do for slack trapeze. Keep nth index close to the Yoyo and on the outside but the motion of the slack is the same as what You know already. Because the Yoyo will be weightless as it moves against gravity up and down, you can whip the string and a slack will form to catch the Yoyo. The second trick you could definitely learn is a simple slack transition from trapeze to DoN. Sorry I kept falling off the trapeze while trying to demo the steps but you’re going to land a trapeze, pinch, and then move TH closer to NTH as you roll the Yoyo under and around NTH, then put TH index into the slack and you with be in DoN. It’s sounds more complicated than it is now that I’ve written it out but try it and you’ll see it’s a bit more intuitive than it sounds. I’ll brainstorm and see if I can’t think of anything else but try these out for now.

3 Likes

Thanks Henry. I was looking over the results of looking up “slack” on that tricky site and really liked the look of Yukki Slack so I picked up trying that. I will also pour over what you put down here. I’m only able to devote about 5 minutes maximum to learning something new before it’s too hard for me to keep concentrating so this will keep me busy for a while, but I like where this will take me. Thanks a lot bro!! :blush:

1 Like

I think Cheese Whip is worth a look. @DocPop breaks it all down: New tutorial: The Cheese Whip

If you fast forward to ~9:00, there are some useful tips and variations that don’t involve a wrist mount.

4 Likes

Yes! Skin The Gerbil + Matrix + Cheese Whips would be great together, but maybe I’m biased.

7 Likes

Just learned this!
Now to get it down with good flow…

(Idk if it’s allowed for me to link to yyt, since it’s a tutorial, a it’s not trying to sell yo-yos that could compete with yye, idk that was just my logic :man_shrugging:)

Update: I got it 100% down! :grin: :tada:

2 Likes

I would link the YouTube video instead maybe and those tutorials are fine I think idk trick a week does it. They’re just tuts i don’t think yye crew would be salty at that but uh idk. I do think the yt vid would be better though bc then ppl can watch the trick without leaving the forums. Uh either way nice work yo

3 Likes

2.5 hook.

Im consistent with everything else. But have yet to land it

1 Like

Magic knot
4 knots in my string so far so its going well

3 Likes

Currently trying to learn Hit the Silk. The last little hop to arm cross is my crux atm, but we’re getting close :pray::yo-yo:

7 Likes

breakaway cuz im bad

5 Likes

I started on the trick of the week 2024 - Double Tower Picture Trick (pictorial 18) last week - Trick-a-Week 2024—#25 Toya Kobayashi Slack Triangle - #2 by GTDropKnot

It took me a good week to learn that one but it’s a lot of fun. I’m still working on finger spins in between new tricks and I am constantly getting better at them but I can only get them if they have the finger spin dimple, I’m even able to land the DNA from time to time. I know the DNA is an over hyped trick but it looks cool and it’s hard to master so I think it’s definitely worth learning. I can NOT do finger spins without the dimple and it’s frustrating me but I’ll keep going until I get it. I love when you master a trick to where you forget that it was once hard for you.

I’m also working on weaving tricks, and whip to 1.5 mount at the moment.

7 Likes

interestingly i have 1 yoyo with a dimple and i cant hit it to save my life but on my yonami code with a lego hub in the middle i can hit a fingerspin just fine…like wtf!? i put the lego fingerspin thing on and kept missing, took it back off and hit them just fine again. apparently i can only fingerspin WITHOUT dimples :rofl:

4 Likes

Started working on Doc Pop’s Hella Copter trick. long story short, I ended up naming the trick in his patreon “name this trick” contest and now feel obligated to master it, lol.

6 Likes

Shoot the Moon

I already hit my tooth once. I am practicing with some flips from a regular throw and also just catching a high forward pass. But when I try to direct it up, I just lose control. It’s a nice one to practice outside, though.

3 Likes

saw that one! looks dope and i love the name. i bookmarked it to give it a shot but havent yet

2 Likes

think I’m going to spend week one of one july working my way through this

7 Likes