What trick are you working on?

Same but I can’t do it from a hook :frowning:

Same but mainly bc I just learned it lol

the other day I was learning a speed combo and when I am transfering between elements the yoyo would just jump back up to my hand

1 Like

Working on a new string trick - Flag of Scotland. Dale Olive told me a story years ago about a series of tricks he created on flags from around the world. I thought I would experiment with creating an addition to the list. I will post a tutorial once it is a little smoother.

5 Likes

figured out i can go directly into kwyjibo from kamikaze mount, and it leaves me wit the magic drop wrap over my TH thumb at double or nothing, pretty cool stuff. i love finding the interconnectedness…

6 Likes

I feel ya.

2 Likes

Grinding for 3.0 hook.
Edit: I did it! I finally landed 3.0 hook! And I did it twice!

2 Likes

Been grinding 1a hard for a while, recently learned 2.0 hook and zont 1.5 hook which feels pretty good to me.

4 Likes

I’m currently working on that Chen Yang one hand stop and go where he goes into a horizontal whip (idk if it has a real name)

2 Likes

Working my way through the first 50 and just figured out Plastic Whip!

8 Likes

So, it should go without saying that I’m still working on fine tuning all previous tricks that I’ve learned. I’m currently working on getting Rewind down, I can do it but I miss a lot, so I want to get it to where I can do it with my eyes closed, pure muscle memory, I think this will help with a lot of tricks I want to learn down the road. Also working on landing Suicide more consistently and working on Amuse, this one is tough for me to get a good flow going. Latest trick that I’m playing with is Mondial, I feel like this one is also good practice for accuracy. I’m kind of following my own path of video tricks between YoTricks & YoExpert, both are great resources for leveling up but picture tricks don’t interest me at this point in time so I’m skipping around a bit.

3 Likes

Hey that’s awesome, grats! I’m working through the same and i just started trying to land the plastic whip. Did it once with luck. Now i try for consistency.

Personally working on tightening up atomic bombs and split the atom on front and cold fusion and matrix on side. Need moar consistency!

4 Likes

Rewind
That double or nothing to brother just dont wanna happen had it once so far

3 Likes
3 Likes

Been yeeting the offstring as high as possible while camping and trying to catch it. Think I’m hitting like 1000 ft or something rn hopefully can get up to 2000 ft later tonight. Been able to sneak in some nice cat naps before it comes back down.

9 Likes

So much walking if you miss it tho.

3 Likes

I’m working on that behind the back ninja vanish from gentry’s 2014 routine

3 Likes

Just started learning 4A last week, so I’m working on the handful of off string tricks I can do, but doing them with my mouth closed. It’s like starting over :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I am working on negative 4.5 hook.

edit: I hit it!

2 Likes

just a quick question since you seem to know the more advanced hooks, do you have any advice for me learning 2.0 and beyond?