What trick are you working on?

I’m still working on Kwijibo, trying to get it smooth and consistent.

6 Likes

I’m working on getting the rhythm of the double trapeze to double brother and back for Skin the Gerbil.

5 Likes

HAPPY CAKE DAY!

…and yeah, that was tricky for me as well!

3 Likes

Yoooo!!! Let’s gooooo!!! Beefhook is the trick I struggled to learn more than anything else I think but I really do think the trick is worth the grind like it feels super satisfying to land and enables some other cool things conceptually. Congrats yo! Definitely one of my favorite tricks.

2 Likes

Still struggling with the beef hook here. Landed it 2 or 3 times in hours of trying. And still can’t catch what I actually did to do it.

I’m trying to get this one down:

But the string is not popping off from the rejection, it just bumps a bit and stays on my wrist. I will keep trying I guess.

4 Likes

Putting the thumb really close to the Yoyo will help get a stronger rejection.

I am trying to learn the DNA, but my yoyo doesn’t have a flat inner circle

1 Like

Not really a trick but I’m trying to learn 5a

1 Like

Thank you, that helps! Still struggling, but at least the rejection is stronger :>

1 Like

Just learned seasick (I don’t really do 1a so this is an accomplishment) it’s super fun and flashy once you learn it

Still new so I’m just trying to get the fundamentals down. I’m working on the matrix, I can do it but I’m working on making it look a bit more graceful, it looks and feels sloppy at this point. Starting to land the 1.5 mount but I still need to work it into my muscle memory. The previous one I was working on was the Hiroyuki Suzuki bind (I love how that one looks, it’s a great way to finish a trick) and I’ve got it down pretty good now. Took me longer than I’d like to admit to really get it to land perfectly in the palm of my hand with a nice tight bind but I’m pretty confident I’ve got it down now, put a lot of time into that one.

I know most of these aren’t technically tricks, save for the matrix but I gotta get the basics down first.

Oh I’ve been working on finger spins too, getting those down pretty good now and I just so happened to pull off the dna for the first time just now. I gotta admit, it was a good feeling knocking that one out but of course, it was more luck than skill.

Still having fun and that’s all I care about at this point.

5 Likes

Fun is what it’s all about. Sounds like you are making good progress. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Mach 5

1 Like

Whip catch. Fun. Lots of chasing tops though.

3 Likes

Just learned rancid milk :grin:
Now I’m trying Nagao hops :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

I landed that today too!

3 Likes

I’ve gotten through Skin the Gerbil on an unresponsive. I still have a way to go before I’m making it all the way through a high percentage of tries. But it feels really good to get through it. I’ve been working on Spirit Bomb and continuing to practice STG. I’ll post a video to laugh at soon. :rofl:

4 Likes

:cut_of_meat: :hook: the bane of my existence, beef hook

3 Likes

Not a trick, but am currently crafting my us nats routine

1 Like

After some time and way too many knots I can now land reverse Brent stole, I thought It’d be way harder than it is lol

1 Like