New tutorial: The Cheese Whip

Hey y’all, I just posted a new tutorial for an old trick called The Cheese Whip. I did the whole tutorial from a first-person perspective with my new GoPro. Let me know what you think of this new style of tutorial (compared to my older tutorials).

25 Likes

Nice tutorial man !!! Cheese whip is such a good trick :grin: and btw i was actually thinking on buying a new gopro myself !!! But which model did you use for your video if you don’t mind me asking ??

1 Like

Thanks Doc. That was great.
Very easy to follow.
Thanks for the new trick.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this forever and didn’t know it had a name.

4 Likes

I never realized you created the trick @DocPop, I always had it in my head for some reason that the user “cheeseyo” from TheYo made it lol. Never seen that actually stated anywhere so I guess I just made the connection between the trick name and username and it became head canon.

4 Likes

Nicee tutorial, :fire:

1 Like

Yeah, the name is part of my cheesy sense of humor :wink:

As I recall, slack tricks were still brand new. I saw the amazing tricks coming out of the Spindoctors scene and started experimenting with my own. I called it a Cheese Whip because it felt so “cheesy” compared to the awesome slack tricks I saw Spencer and Paul doing.

3 Likes

My only nitpick would be that the exposure on the camera is a little high which makes it difficult to see what your fingers are doing, but your explanation makes everything clear so it’s not an issue. I’m gonna try and learn this one today!

I personally prefer third-person videos but that’s mainly because I’m left-handed so it’s easier for me to “mirror” what I see in right-handed tutorials. :grin:

Ivan

2 Likes

Good feedback on the exposure and the perspective for left handed players. Thanks!

3 Likes

Watched it this morning, just grabbed a yoyo and tried it. Not pretty but it worked. Good clear tutorial.

1 Like

Is there a @DocPop trick list? The trick history in these is great.

2 Likes

Dude amazing tutorial!!

1 Like

Not a trick list, but you can see a playlist of all my PopCast Vlogs here.
Some of them have cool history, like the Branding episode or the Magic Knot episode.

Also a few years back, I put together a list of my tricks for “Doctober”

2 Likes