What trick are you working on?

I really wish I had that problem, most of my throws don’t even have the dimple. Hopefully, I’ll get there some day.

I finally get the Eli Hops down last night, was a really good feeling, it just clicked. Whereas before, the yoyo would just flip right over my finger. Now I can’t stop doing them. :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s a good one, I just recently worked on that one myself. It’s one that you can always go back to in your practice sessions. It’s got a fun flow and I think it will help us out in the long run for sure.

3 Likes

I agree. I think I’ll work on that one as well. There are certainly many more mounts for me to learn and 1.5 is one I’ve not really gotten yet.

4 Likes

I say I’ve learned it but I really need to work on my flow with the 1.5 mount… I’m sloppy. I want to have that effortless flow you see the pros doing, they make it look so easy too. It’s an easy mount but really hard for me to get the flow of. I hope that it will just click one day for me. Adam? I think that’s the name of the guy in the video you posted (YoTricks), anyway, he’s an awesome teacher. Is he still putting new content out? I hope he is.

5 Likes

i don’t think they are doing much content these days. tbf for those of us coming into the hobby recently it feels like we missed the boom by a few years. most tutorials i see are at least a couple of years old and reviews and such don’t seem to be going like they were before. wish i had been around for those times. i feel like a zoomer being told how rad the '90s were :laughing:

4 Likes

Same for me about the 1.5 mount, I normally get into it other ways right now rather than just throw into it, I need to work on that

1 Like

Tangler for 2a. I thought the random uncontrollable spin outs learning how to loop were enough to rage quit…. But a massive tangle up on every attempt is giving “testing my patience” an entirely new meaning :joy:

2 Likes

tbh the one time i tried looping i bout chopped my collar bone in half and spun out 8/10 other attempts. it was too much for my patience lol yall 2a players have next level patience

2 Likes

I blasted myself right in the eyebrow about 20 min ago so I switched back to crossover practice for a minute. For safety. lol

4 Likes

You just spread your hands apart to pull the yoyo into the string. Pull to add enough momentum and don’t continue pulling apart after the yoyo hits the string. Don’t move your hands up or you’ll cancel out the momentum and the yoyo won’t roll over the finger and will bounce back down. Simply pull your hands apart. Sorry for unsolicited advice but here is an exercise to try that should help. Check this out also @Slestak75

10 Likes

Thanks Henry. :smiley:
That exercise even looks fun to do and it will impress my friends. :rofl:

2 Likes

No I absolutely appreciate the unsolicited advice, in fact, I encourage it. Thanks for the tips and the video is very helpful. Time to practice. :pray:

Edit - this is an awesome exercise! This makes a lot more sense to me now. It’s fun too! I was wanting to move my hands up and then back down, it was just instinctual but I’m already getting a much better flow with this. Awesome!

3 Likes

I’m going to practice that lil jump you did there at the end too. That was nifty!

Slowing this down to .25 speed is helpful too, especially to see how you do it from the breakaway without the exaggerated motions. It’s very slight but you do it so effortlessly. How long have you been playing?

2 Likes

Working on getting my trapeze stall > somersaults smoothed out.
I landed about 4 of 10 on my afternoon walk around the building.
They were all kinda loose but I’m getting the hand motions more synced.

2 Likes

Workin’ on this, vertically and horizontally.

This has been my experience:

11 Likes

Okay, that lil tidbit of info that @GTDropKnot dropped on me, totally changed the game, you saved me loads of time with that! I was even able to land the thingy you did at the end of the video, it’s similar to Suicide. I’m not landing them consistently or anything but I get a good rush every time I do land it and I’m am really improving my 1.5 mount from the breakaway, so I just wanted to thank you again, please feel free to give me advice any time… that goes for anyone. Like really, that upped my game big time, I was kind of plateauing there because so many good tricks start with the breakaway to the 1.5 mount. :blush:

5 Likes

Let’s goooo nice work yo! Tha was a suicide it’s just a variation from 1.5 mount and yeah they feel great! Super satisfying

4 Likes

Hit it for the first time this morning, then 3 more times.

The last catch and getting into the tower to rock is surprisingly challenging

4 Likes

Based on this recommendation, I just bookmarked @GTDropKnot 's post with a reminder for August 1 so I can try it out after One July. My 1.5 definitely needs work.

3 Likes

That suicide from 1.5 mount is smooooooooth! I’m going to be working on that for a bit.

1 Like