What throws do you regret getting rid of the most?

yeah I am happy to have a full set of yoyofreaks don’t want to add another yoyo on my regret list by breaking the set up atm

1 Like

I have the F U version of the SuperFreak and I love it. Also traded away my pink taco delrin, forgot the name. Mistakes were made.

I recently did a trade (neither of recieved the trade yet) of a yoyo that was not exactly cheap and is widely regarded as awesome. I just couldn’t get into it and the tradee wanted it and what he offered as a trade is very cool and something that I want. I was still kind of sad as I packed it up. I got the yoyo 4 months after drifting into intermediate and I bought it with the some of the money I got for being Employee of the Month. I wrote a short letter to the tradee about giving it a happy home or some kind of sappy thing. It’s just a hunk of metal but we ALL have memories attached to our yoyos and I think they are mostly memories of what was going on in our lives when we got them but our memories are in our minds and will remain there…yoyos just act as prompts.

8 Likes

Probably a toss up between an OG Maple Drip Peak, Eetsit, USA Hatrick and a Celtic 888

3 Likes

I bought the last pink Diffraction from YYE and ended up selling it a few months back. Someone offered me retail so it was hard to say no. I don’t normally like to sell or trade throws unless i have duplicates or just don’t like them.

I was regretting it every time I saw Mark post on here or IG but i am happy to say that as of today, i have replaced it.

9 Likes

This thread is convincing me not to sell or tarde anything unless i have doubles. I never have buyers remorse but i think traders regret might keep me up at night.

6 Likes

A raw Oxi5, I loved that yo-yo!
I shouldn’t have sold it :frowning:

3 Likes

Just curious… What do you mean about JD MIA?

I talk to him any time I want to…

He is like a nephew to me.

He is just fine.

He just happens to be very very busy.

MIA… lol

That is waaay funny…

3 Likes

I regret getting rid of raw YYF 08 888 and SPYY RSL.

2 Likes

Bapezilla
Miroc 2
TFL88
888 Steve Brown Ed.
Oxy4

:neutral_face:

5 Likes

i’m still pretty new to yoyoing, so i haven’t really sold or traded my yoyos.

4 Likes

The only throw I ever got rid of was the Black Mamba I bought in grade school cause the string broke. At the time I didn’t know replacement strings were a thing cause I was a dimwit. If only I had that throw in the collection for memories’ sake.

Otherwise I haven’t sold a single throw since getting back into yoyo. And I probably won’t either. The only thing worse than buyer’s remorse is seller’s remorse, and with the price of yoyos it just isn’t worth it. Id have to sell like 10 yoyos to get any significant amount of cash, and that just isn’t worth paying a bill imo.

5 Likes

Buying and selling is half the fun for me. If I ever get sad about selling something I know I can always get it back. I have a few that I will hold onto forever but I get to try so much by selling my stuff. Buying used and selling used helps keep the loss to a minimum but I also enjoy giving someone else a deal.

4 Likes

I joke mostly about real life being more important than a yoyo company. I know he’s alive and well and doing his own thang. I just miss his irreverent yoyo company.

3 Likes

i’m a yoyo hoarder.

i’ve never sold or traded a yoyo. i have every one I’ve ever bought.

no regrets then, right?

:rofl:

kgb

5 Likes

Whenever I’ve sold something it’s been for a very specific reason, so no regrets for getting rid of them, they served their purpose.

However, if I could get 2 back it’d be my SLCK-YWET with realistic heart SE’s, and my original Underdog.

6 Likes

I don’t really sell many of my yoyos but I do give things away. I wouldn’t say I regret giving them away, getting rid of them, it’s just that sometimes I miss them and have a difficult time replacing them. I gave away a dif rev-1 overhaul that I haven’t been able to replace, but I’m still glad that I gave it to the person that has it now.

3 Likes

I want you to get that back too. That sounds amazing.

5 Likes

Ditto, there are a few I wouldn’t mind having back but everything I’ve sold has been for good reason.

5 Likes

Hit me up if you’re looking for an oxy 4.

3 Likes