Sooo who else regrets selling or trading off throws......?¿

SO WHOM ELSE ON HERE HATES THEMSELVES FOR SELLING OR TRADING OFF THROWS FROM YOUR COLLECTION IN THE PAST? AND WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE TO GET IT/THEM BACK?

• I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS UNTIL I READ THIS STUPID POST! :fu:
  • FORGET THOSE OLD THINGS WE HAVE NEWER/ MORE BETTER THROWS NOW! :100:
  • OH MY GAWD I CANT BELIEVE I LET MYSELF TRADE/SELL OFF MY OLD YOYOS THEY MEANT SO MUCH TO ME! :sob:
  • I HATE MYSELF BC THE OLD THROWS I SOLD/TRADED OFF ARE NOW :gem:GEMS​:gem:
  • I COULD CARE LESS MOFO!:rocket:
  • I BE A NOOB HERE SO I HAVE NOT SOLD OR TRADED ANY OF MY THROWS… :grin:
  • WHEN I TRADE OR SELL A THROW I MEANT TO! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS!!! :ok_hand:

0 voters

So I was just sitting here wondering who’s else thinks about there old throws bc Ive been reminiscing on a lot of older throws I had back in the day when I first started yoyoing and now you cant buy those certain yoyos anymore bc there limited stock, retired by the manufacturer, the brand no longer produces yoyos/ closed there doors etc. For example a few throws that I regret I sold or traded off would be my YoYo Jam Copper Head, My First run aqua YoYoFactory 8Eight8 (07’-08’ I think),Lunatic, Cypher, Pocket Change, Czm8, Spyy Speed Freak, Oxygen Obsidian and last but not least my g2 Snozberry Swirl Wolf, Freedom Swirl Pelican, Rainicorn Swirl Warthog and my Throwers Swirl Hawk… I could keep listing them but I think I might freak out if I did lol :joy:

3 Likes

I’m definitely not a noob but I don’t generally sell any of my possessions. I have given away a few but don’t sell.

2 Likes

I don’t have any regrets with what I sold per se because at the time I needed the money for college stuff. But I can’t lie and say I don’t wish I still had a few of them around, specifically a few early 2010’s CLYW, Spyy and String Theory throws

2 Likes

No need to hate yourself over a few yoyos. Or anything else for that matter, but least of all some toys. And believe me, my throws are important to me too.

4 Likes

I have given a throw away that when I think about it… sometimes I contemplate trying to get it back. Then a negative feeling comes over me and I just do not want it back. It cheapens the interaction, I can just hunt for another.

When I go threw this mental gymnastics.
I always feel better when I reach my conclusion, it is better to let it go, with out regret and maintain a positive attitude.

I try to apply this to all trades, sales and gifts.

2 Likes

I am not sure the word ‘hates’ is one that applies here. That is an awfully strong word.
Do you mean who ‘regrets’ selling a particular yo-yo?

2 Likes

Traded dreadnought long time ago, kinda regret it now. But now we have way better throws than ever

I never sell yoyo’s that I enjoy using.

3 Likes

The best thing that my wife ever did for me was to limit me to two cases of yo-yo’s. Once filled- if I want a new one - I have to sell one.

This keeps the collection fresh and I am always looking for the new, next, best thing.

Yeah, I remember that time in 2013 that I traded a Maple Drip Peak for a Purple Reign Genesis, lol

1 Like

What if you get a bigger yoyo case? :sweat_smile: :laughing:

2 Likes

I am stoked on the 50 throw case that Freshly Dirty is releasing soon. If I sell a few more, I can fit all three of my 36 cases into two of theirs. Love it!

4 Likes

Only ever traded off a beat OG DV888 and an Auldey Luminous (L4). Sold a few dye jobs and a silk with a ruined bearing seat. Only regretted selling the fireball dyed Fiesta as I was actually enjoying 4a play.

I totally agree with that plan.

A few years ago, the neighbor that lived behind us, higher on the hill, decided to move to Thailand.

I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse and bought the 3 story house.

My wife made it perfectly clear that I could only fill one entire room with yo-yos. If it got to the point that there were so many yo-yos I couldn’t close the door without leaning against it, I would have to sell or trade a yo-yo before getting another.

Hey, women call the shots, what can we do?

4 Likes

I don’t mind parting with things, even if I, “regret it”, at the time. I find that feeling fades fast and I move on.

1 Like

One thing hurts the most is selling my yoyo that has a sentimental value, I did this coz I was flat broke at that time and needed some extra funds to rebuild my machine rig that’s been burned down (this was in 2018) and now that yoyo is now just a memory and never been recovered from the previous buyer coz he also sold it to someone else.

1 Like

I just bought back a throw from the guy I sold it to 4 years ago.

2 Likes

I’m not a noob :frowning_face:, I just don’t sell my yoyos

2 Likes

I have sold only one Yo-Yo which spent a total of 2 minutes on BST. Based on feedback, buyer was very happy. No regrets.

3 Likes

I mean you can only throw so many the ones not getting thrown are better off elsewhere

2 Likes