What other hobbies/activities do you guys do?

Wifey and I finally got around to assembling our Broken Token box for Eldritch Horror. Might spend tomorrow playing that while throwing

10 Likes

My group is probably playing Eldritch tomorrow too! I don’t think I can make it.

4 Likes

I turn pens on a lathe. I’m currently bummed because of the move to Colorado. My workshop is in storage until we buy a home and I can get up and running again. These were a few that I finished before our move.

13 Likes

I do as well!

!

13 Likes

turning pens = untamed class :expressionless:

1 Like

Beautiful penmanship! :wink: Where do you get the metal pen guts at?

5 Likes

There are a number of places online. Just google pen turning kits.

3 Likes

@vegabomb, those look great. I only turn wood pens for my wife. They always stay nice and shiny for her. My always dull for me. That’s why I make mine out of plastics.

2 Likes

@TheThrowingGnome,

If you are in the states look for a place called WoodCraft. It’s a great place to get things if you don’t want to wait on shipping. My favorite online place is PennState Industries, they have some Steam Punk themed pens right now that I would love to try in a stabilized dyed blue wood blank. This way I could pretend it’s what Doctor Who would write with lol.

3 Likes

There’s a woodcraft an hour or two away. Thanks!

1 Like

I like to read books e.g. Diary of a wimpy kid, Minecraft books, and Teraria guidebooks.
I also enjoy playing video games like Terraria
or Minecraft. I sometimes draw comics when I am really bored.

But mostly I yoyo!!!

5 Likes

In bluegrass people like Grandpa Jones “Mountain Dew” was a great example of claw hammer style. Where as Flatt and Scruggs “ Foggy Mountain Breakdown “ is the three finger roll style bluegrass is more known for. My grandfather played with some pretty famous bluegrass guys in Nashville as a studio musician. Bill Monroe, Ralph Stanley, are two of the more we’ll known ones

3 Likes

Screenshot from a live performance of that song:

His eyes!!! Grandpa is not human! :alien: :lizard: :flying_saucer:

3 Likes

Well I’m old enough to remember him from Hee Haw actually. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Woodcraft is a beautiful place! I could probably spend 10 paychecks there in about 20 minutes lol

2 Likes

Video Games - Currently switching to PC.

Twitch Streaming - Just got a sponsorship.

Skateboarding- Just now teaching myself.

Music - Playing and Listening.

PC Repair and Upgrade

5 Likes

Did you get into yo-yo from the One Drop Terrarian crossover?

5 Likes

No actually I got into it when my dad gave me a wooden yoyo when I was only 5. But I only used it one or two times, because it was a bit hard. Then 4 years later this thing came to my school which was called the Ned show it was about never giving up etc. The person was using a yoyo and I thought it was cool. They were selling them and I got mine for really cheap, and that is how I got into yoyoing.

8 Likes

Lets just say that the guys I throw with, help each other out instead of arguing and fighting.

1 Like

Yeah well they haven’t met @ThrowButcher :fist:

1 Like