What other hobbies/activities do you guys do?

Golf.
Softball.
Gaming.

The biggest one #dadlife. Talk about a time sink lol

14 Likes

I game.

3 Likes

Wow @sloegoe, those lures look great👍 You alright with me. Whatcha like to hunt?

1 Like

#Dadlife forever @G2_Jake. Ivan looks about Bryson’s age (my son.) Him’s 21 months, him’s a Big Boy. It is a time sink, but… Aint nothin Id rather be doin. Matter fact I spent a good amount on suppressors just so I dont have to give him up when I’m on hog patrol (no loud shots when he’s with me.) Anyway, keep up the good work. Good job on the throws too :100:

5 Likes

Jonah is 22 months. Madi 8 weeks.

Between the day job, house work, and them I am struggling to find time for G2 and other things. But there’s no greater joy in life then what you get from your kids

10 Likes

How often do you get to hit the links these days? My golf outings have dwindled to about 4-5 rounds a year since having kids. Got my oldest into a golf league this year though and installed a sand trap and flagstick in the backyard! 101 to carry the trap 110 to the flagstick. My PW never been better, but that’s ALL I can hit anymore it seems!

4 Likes

So cool!

I’m around 4-5 rounds a year. I’d like to get back to 20.

Once the kids are more self sufficient I should be able to play more. Unless they have all the sporting activities

2 Likes

What about a G2 golf tournament this fall during Worlds?

4 Likes

This would be incredible

4 Likes

This makes me wish I could make it to Worlds even more! I used to play 5-8 rounds a week. Then had a shoulder injury, then several back injuries in a row. So I’m in the very few rounds a year camp now, depending on how my back is.

1 Like

Happy to do leg work to make this a reality! The only thing I would look forward to more than going to worlds in August is getting in on a G2 golf tourney while I’m there! Let me know if I can research course, prices, or anything else!

1 Like

I’m just getting over a shoulder injury that hold me sidelined for most of last year. I avoided it for a long time, but physical therapy has been a total game changer for me! Hope you get those kinks worked out!

2 Likes

Did physical therapy on the shoulder injury. I separated it twice within a few months. The first time I put it in myself, should’ve gone to the doctor. It was in a snowboard injury. Separated it, fractured my shoulder blade and collar bone, and partially tore the rotator cuff. Physical therapy helped a ton. Then moving a Piano, and then sitting on a plane for 12 hours 2 days later hurt my back, and I’ve been fighting that for the past 8 years.

2 Likes

This statement has ruined many a back in sure! My wife has had a long running lower back injury with bulging disks and the whole deal. A few months ago she got a crazy “bed of nails” pad thing that she now swears by. Lays on it for like 5 minutes after exercise, strenuous activity, or when it aches and says the pain and discomfort just disappears! It’s really like a ton of plastic golf spikes on a soft pad :point_down:

She now no longer goes to the Chiropractor, has ruled out surgery, and can do activities she’d has avoided for years so maybe there is something to it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Interesting, never seen that. I visit a chiropractor now when I need to, maybe 3 times a year. I’ve just tried my best, and trying to do more, to really watch my health and body, do a lot of stretching and building my core back up so as not to have these injuries again, or at least not reactivate them.

4 Likes

Hobbies that I have other than yoyoing:

• Diaboloing/Playing the diabolo: This was actually what I did a lot before I got into yoyoing. Pretty good at it and have performed quite a bit.

• Piano: Used to take classes but now I’m freelance and play whatever I feel like playing. Been recently looking at difficult arrangements of songs to play. Really want to be able to play arrangements of Undertale music by Jester Musician. Sounds very close to the original track but extremely difficult to play.

• Music: I kinda like writing some song lyrics or coming up with some tunes from time to time. Mostly it’s just in my notes cos I don’t have a setup to produce or record it

• Singing: Love to sing and in a choir right now. I especially love to sing using my head voice and falsetto to hit all dem high notes. Just feels so good when you can hit them.

• Video games: Used to play a lot more in the past. League of Legends and Maplestory mostly. Now I’m mostly just playing difficult as balls 2D roguelites that don’t require much processing power cos my computer is just really bad. Enjoy playing Risk of Rain mostly. (the original, 2 is just a bit too difficult to handle for my computer)

Honestly I don’t spend much time on my hobbies since school is just so busy. Hoping to invigorate my yoyoing when I buy the Ti Vayders.

9 Likes

Cubing: Satisfied with sub-50 and my cube isn’t as good as it used to be, haven’t really pursued this very much.
Magic: I know enough to fool people, I have friends that do Cardistry/Magic and learn some stuff with them occasionally.
Juggling: 3 Ball Mills Mess is the best I can do.
@EOS44’s version of 5A: Progressing slowly, I think it’s the new meta.
Used to game a little bit, played Jedi Academy and the PS2 Hobbit (speedruns ‘N’ stuff)
Sphero: Understand mechanics and have fun with ramps.

7 Likes

I throw axes for fun and profit.
I love RC things cars boats helicopters planes.
I love cooking and knives.

Working on restoring an old Chevy .

That’s about it.

9 Likes

Are any of these homespun strings available?

4 Likes

My number one hobby is kayak fishing. We have some great waterways in my area. I live on a “island” surrounded by the Mississippi and Rock River. Havnt been able to get out this year though, the floods have been relentless.
I also like drawing and reading.

8 Likes