What is your biggest yoyo pet peeve?

gonna have some heat up for sale tonight check it out

3 Likes

OMG. I hate this. I just recently figured out how to snap start and when I miss one for a split second, I feel like I’m gonna look down to see my finger jutting out sideways

2 Likes

Postal employees that don’t realize the box my yoyo comes in might fit in my P.O. Box from the back, but i can assure you it doesnt fit through the front.

7 Likes

shipping, i am currently bouncing off the walls waiting for my da capo to ship to Canada

2 Likes

CONUS sales. Although that’s not just in the Yoyo hobby. You see it in almost every hobby.

5 Likes

Not being able to find information about a yoyo. Really wish yoyo companies would all list their past yoyos … why not do this?

11 Likes

I’m going to extend this to also say: when companies don’t actually take useful photos of their yoyos. I get that you worked really hard on setting up this shot and carefully arranging the secondary stuff/background in the photo but… it’s just not useful. I just want to see a clean profile shot, please…

Like just have a clean profile shot in a lightbox where I can easily see the shape of the yoyo, a straight on cup shot, and then one angled photo of the to show off some of the stuff that might now be obvious from a head on perspective. There’s a reason why YYE and the other big stores take these photos, they’re what let me know if I actually want a yoyo or not. I don’t get why so many companies choose to skip this. It’s like they’re trying to sell purely on general aesthetic instead of allowing the product to speak for itself.

20 Likes

landing a trick a hundred times perfectly when i’m alone, but failing to land it in front of people when they ask for a video every time.

7 Likes

Totally agree.

Plus a picture or (better yet) a video of the yoyo while spinning so you can see how the colorway looks in action.

6 Likes

On my break last week I almost finished a beautiful combo and someone comes in as I was ready to bind and I tried three times and the person sees my failed binds and says “that’s not walking the dog is it?” Ugh! If she just came in 10 seconds earlier and saw me…

3 Likes

why is every trick walk the dog…

2 Likes

Sounds like your string is too long :wink:

4 Likes

why is it that every time i turn on the camera i forget everything i can do with a yoyo.

11 Likes

Just a momentary lack of focus. I don’t use long string.

2 Likes

Me this morning: “I’m a kickflip machine! I should record something!”

Me this evening when I finally get around to recording something: “Why can’t I hit a single kickflip?”

Me after I finally give up recording: “I’m a kickflip machine! Where was this 5 minutes ago?”

9 Likes

8 Likes

It kinda bugs me when people put up a BST but keep the single picture of the throw that is already gone with sold. Edit that $#!+ out, remove the picture lol

6 Likes

And just totally remove what has been sold…leave no mention of those things unless it’s just flexing…

3 Likes

Or better yet, mark it as sold but INDICATE THE SALE PRICE so we at least know what we missed out on!

Ivan

8 Likes

What @craZivn said - it’s almost a public service. Let us know what stuff is going for.

5 Likes