Oh. My. OCD. (CONTEST)

What yoyo related stuff gives you OCD? I’d like to know! The prize is, again, the satisfaction of winning! Ends on Christmas Eve.

3 Likes

I can’t stand dirty strings, or even the smallest scratches!

3 Likes

It really really bothers me when my bearings start to make unnecessary noise. So I take the shields off and clean them.

And I also don’t typically play the strings that come with new yo-yos. I much prefer my own strings.

6 Likes

I don’t think you should use a hundred strings in 2 months! Make the most out of every string, I don’t think the quality of kitty fat starts deteriorating even after an hour of rigorous practice.

3 Likes

when I get a scuff on my wood throws, I scuff the other side so it’s even.
I smart.

5 Likes

Oh, no! But whatever works for ya! But still…intentional damage? It’s just a toy though (I said that because it’s like blood in the water).

4 Likes

Yeah, I like wood cause it still looks good when you scuff it, no pain no gain?

2 Likes

I sometimes wish I could have an axle and bearing on each side… also I arrange my yoyos with the same shape and colour on opposite sides and so inwards.

3 Likes

My little bro does that, but he puts the logos/engravings face up, so when I use his throws and don’t put em back correctly he knows haha

4 Likes

When others bring me their yoyo’s to try (especially children) I have to replace the strings before I throw them. I don’t even like touching the string to replace it because they are usually nasty looking and feeling. I also like sanitizing the yoyo too. You never know if people wash their hand or where their hands have been.

5 Likes

Haha this one is my favourite!! I just pictured someone trying to hand you a yoyo, and you pulling out some sanitizer and pouring it all on their throw before taking it! :joy:

4 Likes

Have you ever given your phone to a child for a brief moment so they can be amused? It gets so dirty that the touch screen doesn’t work until you clean it.

4 Likes

Yeah man I get ya. When my little cousins leave the house after visiting, I basically just clean the whole house, kids are kinda gross hahaha

2 Likes

Three things I have to do on any new yo-yo:

1. loctite the axle (the non-hex side, of course)
  2. lubricate the bearing to my HYPERSPIN™ specifications
  3. put a small drop of heavy lube on the axle (the hex side, of course)
5 Likes

I honestly dont like to loctite my axles. I dont know why, but i just feels good to be able to unscrew it.

And because i never loctite axles. It felt kinda weird using that banshee @codinghorror gave me. I just couldn’t put my finger on it till now

2 Likes

You’re not hearing me. :wink:

I loctite ONE SIDE of the axle, the side that’s NOT SUPPOSED to come out.

I lubricate the other side… that is supposed to come out :thinking:

5 Likes

I know. But I just dont like having a static axle. Again… No idea why

3 Likes

Loctite isn’t permanent and isn’t meant to be. It’s more of a “suggestion” that things stay put. (also I should mention that I use blue which is the medium kind of loctite on the scale of stickiness)

You can use a hex key tool – which is easy, right, because the hex key side just happens to be the the side of the axle that came out when you unscrewed it :wink: – and unscrew the axle if you want. Nothing precludes you from doing this.

4 Likes

Why do you do these things?

3 Likes

Because if you don’t, every time you unscrew the yoyo you might get the hex key side of the axle, or you might get the “wrong” side with a solid metal end. It’s kind of a crapshoot.

I prefer it when I unscrew any yoyo if the hex side of the axle always comes out for quick access.

7 Likes