What is your biggest yoyo pet peeve?

Thats a huge lack of communication on the part of the seller, no?

7 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of half swaps either and I’d be pretty upset. Like @bheinz63 said, huge lack of communication. I would have have asked for either be reswapped or refunded.

5 Likes

Same i cant stand thick strings lol usually is what i get

1 Like

Extremely. And this was on eBay not here btw (hope that’s okay to say) so I can’t really post feedback for here or anything, but like I said it’s not the biggest deal. I was actually pretty mad at first but one it’s just a plastic, two it does play nice and there’s no problems with it at all, and three I just don’t have the patience to send it back and all that for what it is. He did get a not so nice Dm and bad feedback there though don’t worry, I’m not gonna just let it slide entirely lol

4 Likes

At the very least he has some negative feedback and you have a yoyo you’re still kinda happy with

2 Likes

It’s a semi original run protostar, so like I said nothing major or worth my time to go through that whole process of returning to the buyer etc at least to me, but maybe I’m being too nice and uncaring idk lmao

1 Like

If that happened on the forums or Facebook BST I’d agree it’s really bad, but in this instance I don’t really see the harm. The vast majority of people who have played with a yoyo will never view these toys as collectors items meant to look a specific way or be in a specific condition. Protostars are also only like 20 bucks, which furthers the idea that it’s just a toy and not some hyper specific collectors object.

It’s unfortunate for you, but you also could’ve asked for more photos or sent a question about the product if there was only a single photo that only showed one half of the yoyo. They’re just a random person not invested in yoyos at all selling an old toy on ebay, and you’re somebody invested enough in yoyos to be posting about it on a forum dedicated to yoyo. They had a protostar and sold a protostar, yet got bad feedback because they didn’t realize a buyer wouldn’t be happy getting their protostar.

I might be giving them too much credit, but idk eBay sales in general for yoyos seem so weird. Some stuff that sells for insane money on eBay goes for dirt cheap on dedicated yoyo BSTs.

1 Like

I think you might be giving em a wee bit too much credit lol. And I only say that because it was pictured as just the translucent green from every angle (came with blue half), it did have “made in China 2009” on the sides of the one pictured which would indicate it was one of the first runs…mine say October 2010 lol. I do agree with your whole point entirely though, my choice of doing business there was a huge risk and me being more invested in yoyos than a random dude on eBay led me to have higher expectations and trust that I shouldn’t have gone in with.

I also wanna mention those pictures seemed really legit. Like they were taken by someone outside on a table or something, not just stock photos. I just feel like I was duped with a plain old protostar but, it’s a protostar. I will live lmao

2 Likes

I guess to some up this whole story that I unintentionally made more dramatic than it had to be is that… ship what you picture/describe! I dislike when it is not and it is a pet peeve of mine :rofl:

2 Likes

I am a recent convert as well! I recently did a deal for two yoyos from @Throwto100 and he included a fresh string for each throw in the box. I expect to get no string or whatever used string happened to be on the yoyo which is no big deal, but a nice fresh string really struck me as being a professional touch to the transaction and a pleasant surprise.

So when I get around to thinning my collection I’ll be doing the same.

Ivan

5 Likes

I’m really peeved that Duncan repeatedly releases the Paul Escolar Fh1 in very limited quantities. This last batch was gone in half a day tops. I guess I’m not cool enough to ever own one lol. I’d have a very difficult time believing that Paul Escolar would think that was awesome.

6 Likes

apparently the Danny x Duncan Freehand is going to be quite limited as well, which is disappointing.

4 Likes

This one actually upsets me for reasons I’m not gonna get into on here

2 Likes

that moment when you realize that you havent touched more than half the yoyos in your collection in months. and you start to think about which ones youre going to sell… then you start remembering what you liked about each one and decide to keep them… only to sit on the shelf and collect dust.

15 Likes

May I recommend this thread?

Get those tactile memories and make sure you’re recalling what you liked correctly. Could end up with some up for sale, could end up with some back in the normal rotation!

6 Likes

Too much truth for first thing in the morning. :expressionless:

7 Likes

Join our thread! We’re doing a trick with every throw in the collection each day. It’s been a blast so far throwing all of my older stuff

2 Likes

Gnarly best response ever. That’s why I keep it to 40 or less.

5 Likes

nice to see ya @Grendel

2 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 nice to be seen Sir!

3 Likes