What Is THE Best Budget Non-V Bi-metal?

I think I found my winner… What’s the name?

It’s a ways off still. Working on the 3rd proto version. Currently called Project A, not a budget yoyo though.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s fine. It looks like almost exactly what I envisioned.

1 Like

Yeah, “budget bimetal” really throws a wrench into the works here. Just about any bimetal that would be the “best” in any sense is not going to have a budget price tag. The bimetal Superstar is probably the closest thing you’ll find; it has a nice comfortable H shape, it’s not oversized, and it performs way above its price point (I got mine last year from Amazon for $45).

3 Likes

I think the magic yoyo stealth fits your criteria. Lots out there for cheap on the bst as well. It’s a really great throw that gets over looked in favour of my more flashy and expensive throws.

3 Likes

Haha i knew you would ask.
The best bimetals out there are v shaped (or a modification of a v-shape), and that makes sense, since the whole idea of bimetal is to stuff the most mass possible away from the axle of rotation of the yoyo, and v shapes help a lot with that so it makes sense. I said your question didn’t make sense (i was half joking lol) because when you can’t ask for the best bimetals and not include the V-shaped ones.

machination-vertical%20third

That being said, and in order to finally answer your question, i really like the Machination by Toybania x YoyoEmpire x Polytwist Desings (i’m biased, but i would never play with something i wouldn’t like). It’s and oversized, super light 7075+Ti for $110. The profile is crazy and weird but really comfy and amazing for grinds.

machination-profile

6 Likes

That looks like a nifty throw, @EOS44, but Chad’s price restriction is just as limiting here as his “no V-shape” restriction. It rules out the $110 Desings, I’m afraid.

Budget Price (under $100) + Not V-shaped = Not Many Choices.

It really shouldn’t surprise us that nearly everything mentioned in this thread violates one or both of these constraints. Determining the “best” of those few throws that qualify is largely an exercise in determining which one of about two or three fairly decent, but nevertheless pretty unremarkable (for bimetals) yoyos rises above its peers in some meaningful way.

But I will reiterate my love of the $70 TopYo Dominator. It’s the best sub-$100 bimetal I’ve tried. But I’m not sure I agree that $70 is a “budget yoyo price”, which is why I tend to lean towards the bimetal Superstar.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, He had a price condition, true, true.
Well, i’ll stick with my original answer and mention the Bimetal Superstar again. I really wish that yoyo wasn’t put out of production by yyf. I like it so much i would search on the BST for one or two just to have replacements.

1 Like

Look at the yoyofficer RAVE

I just sold a bimetal superstar, I had two. It plays heavier than other bi-metals I’ve owned, solidly built, and fast. Making me wish I kept the other :wink:

I recommend the Raytracer, its more of a W and it ticks all the boxes you just listed! Hummingbird is awesome too, if you like super high maneuverability but the budget is a bit off :C DSC_0226

4 Likes

Yeah, the budget is what makes this challenging. It’s easy to put up the obviously good bimetals if you ignore the price constraint presented. But I don’t think Chad is trying to make this easy for us.

2 Likes

No I’m not. The only reason I would drop more than $120 on a yo-yo is if it had some serious collectors value or if I planned on making my competition career with it.

Seeing as how I have no intention of getting involved with the competition scene, I don’t really see the point in spending more than that on a yoyo.

Now, if it just so happened to tick all of the boxes of my personal preferences, I might consider going over that price point. But it has to be exactly what I’m looking for.

Ah, the price limit is $120. That opens things up a little.

If you like the idea of an organic/organic-ish bimetal, then the Lust ($95) and the Flux ($120) are hard to pass up.

1 Like

Not really haha, 5/6 of the yoyofriends players including myself like the raytracer better :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Raytracer looks really nice :star_struck:

It’s oficially on my bi-metal list

1 Like

I recommend the B/S/T for things like this. Massive savings over retail…

2 Likes

Of course! I never pay retail price if I can help it. :wink:

1 Like

Then retail price isn’t the relevant metric… it is “what shows up on B/S/T for under $120”

The light weight of the Hummingbird makes it a clear winner (over the Raytracer) for me. I find the combination of power and responsiveness of the Hummingbird to be on the verge of magical. Like a softer/rounder version of the G2 Elite.

7 Likes