What are you currently listening to?

First time through I bought the single so I could chop it up on my MPC.

Roots & Culture!

1 Like

Time for work. My coffee spaceship and I have arrived. Let the Warriors steer this morning.

1 Like

Cool to see this thread so active with some solid hip hop. Listening to some classics:

2 Likes

indeed! the corona… being in the house, wanting to different things, this thread, etc. has got me back on the decks a bit more again… i’m going to have to start recording my sets again. the last one i did i was really bummed i didn’t. i haven’t made a mix cd in yeeeaaaaars lol

3 Likes

Oh no, we did talk about him, never has someone so bereft of musical ability been able to draw such great musicians to him, he was like the Ed Wood of music, so much vision with no way to bring it to life.
and i do mean that with respect. The problem with influences tends to be where you stop the rabbit hole. One can draw a line from any performer today to… well, an unknown person first rhythmically clapping his hands on the African plains.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I am taking a break and listening to the Pixies Bosa Nova.

3 Likes

Thanks, that reminds me of one of my favorite songs!

3 Likes

Pixies make me remember the Sugarcubes. Excellent segway to Bjork.

4 Likes

I remember them and it reminded me of…

1 Like

pixies are one of my wife’s favorite bands… subsequently, my kiddo really digs them too

2 Likes
1 Like

Soundtrack for a stay at home lifestyle, and part of my normal background noise in my head for 50 years.

2 Likes

1 Like

Got lucky to catch this on siriusXM

2 Likes
2 Likes

What the heck! Why have I never heard of this guy?!? I have a lot of CD compilations of obscure 60’s psych and this guy’s stuff is awesome!!! I had to check his wiki. From the photo I thought it’d be some newcomer but when I heard the first notes I knew it was not current. Awesome!!!

Mod Fun, from Hoboken, NJ have been around since the early 1980’s and heavily influenced by the British mod scene of the 1960’s. They’ve been one of my favorite bands since 1986.

Jimi Hendrix Experience.

1 Like

Love that song. I have a great childhood memory of listening to that with my dad and sister when our mom was out of town for the weekend. Fitting then and now.

rocket man…

I love how gloriously heavy this album is plus there is a rad Alice Cooper cover on it too

2 Likes