What are you currently listening to?

That’s a beautiful record there @fatguysnacks247!

Don’t worry @PCaliyoyos, you’re safe with us here!

2 Likes

tell that to @fatguysnacks247. :joy:

1 Like

We’re copiloting right now.:sunglasses: :airplane: :musical_note:

2 Likes

my pleasure to share @mystik… snacks got stacks!

1 Like

Don’t know if that’s smoke stacks or double stacks😉 but let’s ride @fatguysnacks247!!!

1 Like

Next up…

…a song a man made for his cat. What’s not to love. Even my mom loves it.

5 Likes

That was great. I choose cats over people.

2 Likes

One of my cats looks like Kirby😁

2 Likes

we all get toe up under city lights my dogg :wink:

1 Like

happy birthda…ooh ooh ooh!!!

3 Likes

guess I gotta get out more. Never heard that term applied to any of those groups before (or anyone else for that matter). Just always enjoyed them for what they were. Guess you had to be there.

2 Likes

i’ve heard the term ‘industrial’ applied to bands such as nine inch nails, skinny puppy, ministry and the like. not so much those bands though… but, our interpretations may be different, or may have been used differently by the generations.

2 Likes

Ministry, NIN and Skinny Puppy are definitely some of the more known bands, but we have been listening to the forerunners, the bands that influenced the music. For instance, long before there was a Ministry, or Marilyn Manson, there was Arthur Brown, who influenced everyone from KISS, to Alice Cooper and Genesis P-Orridge ( whose passing led to the discussion).

1 Like

Having been there then… other than “Fire” I always thought him to be pretty much of a one hit wonder.

here’s a little one hit wonder that had an influence on multiple genres of music, some nearly based around it… my man @Mystik can attest i’m sure… the a-men break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQLk7NcpO4

there other ‘breaks’ that were fundamental to our backroom sound… if you know, then you know :wink:

2 Likes

Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters
Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA
Thundercat - Drunk

1 Like

And before Arthur Brown there was Screamin’ Lord Sutch! (I love Arthur Brown btw)

And it’s the b side!

Not the most visually stimulating video( but this is a music thread). Educate your minds and your ears!

1 Like

@mystik, that was really good… most i knew, but the end did not go where i expected it to. i think many parallels can be found in other industries, extrapolating the overprotecting vs. underprotecting. and, with a community such as ours, for example…

i think this is educational - not solely for the break, music cultures, genres… a wealth of others… definitely a good listen… gripping, maybe not :wink:

1 Like

I’ve listened to this countless times- it’s so well done. Suddle and strong.

1 Like