What are some of your unique yo-yos?

This is one of the very best yo-yos I have ever had the pleasure to throw and own. It is a magnesium body and also has inner and outer weight rings. Low production numbers and just an amazing design from Kyle Weems. It comes in an air tight canister. And has an amazingly appropriate name.
Death Robot :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yes! This one is suprisingly great…

Illy Liopleurodon in an experimental Teflon finish called ‘Canflon’.

Only a few made I am pretty sure?

image image

8 Likes

Wow! :boom: (ten chatacters).

I just saw this today somewhere else, then see you posted it here… I would love to snag one. That looks amazing to me.
Considering how well the magnum plays I’ll bet it plays at another level.

This is kinda unique. A Yoyojam Big Ben with a custom paint job.

image image

3 Likes

This was a neat and unusual Dale Bell experiment.

The Jamboo>

image image

4 Likes

A few things make the next images ‘unique’.

You’re looking at a Brand New ‘old’ 888. And a Brand New ‘new’ 888gt.

They have traits that make them similar. And they have traits that make them very different.

image image

Hard to beat the 888… But the gt is pretty darn good🤓

3 Likes

Have anyone already tried to install some weight rings into 888GT, Dif-e-yo`s for example?

Wouldn’t that be like putting cheese on the bottom of a Pizza?

2 Likes

My SB-2. Bought it when I was 12 or so, now I’m 33. My daughter found it a few months ago and Ive fallen back in love w the hobby.

3 Likes

I’m not big on necroing threads… But when one of the guys gave me a like…. I clicked to see what he was ‘liking’ and realized several of the yo-yos in the thread, but a lot of the newer forum visitors may have never seen some of these older school yo-yos.

One thing I personally found interesting, was, when scrolling down the thread, I glanced at the text I wrote on the ‘Thing’ and find it hard to believe it’s been 20 years since I did that yo-yo🙀.

…PS…. Glen had asked about Alan Grays’ methods of making up that wooden Freehand? The answers were posted to address those questions…. But I should note something else about Alan>

He has actually been commissioned over the years to do shapes forms and sculptures for Museum displays in various parts of the World.

Maybe a few will find this blast from the last interesting…

4 Likes