What are some of your unique yo-yos?

@yoyodoc I know you have a bunch more pics that would qualify to be in this thread. Post more please! I think peeps would be amazed at some of the stuff you’ve done.

3 Likes

Wow, that got to be the widest return top that I have ever seen.:open_mouth:

Mo Chavez?

Indeed…:sunglasses:

6 Likes

**_

`

`

_**Here is a somewhat unique yoyo…

Amazingly;I forgot to mention the chopped Freehand has weight rings pressed into the halves under the side caps.

4 Likes

Are you doing any other mods these days, Mo?

That freehand is awesome! @yoyodoc. And the dyed one is a Calico Joe dye job I think. I need one of those.

1 Like

Night MovesIMG_20181023_074518

6 Likes

Old school mods by Mo

Born on a mountain. Raised in a cave. Cutting up yo-yos is all that I crave.

And a few other things…:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Here is a pretty unique yo-yo.

This was given to me by one of the Best wood fanatics I have ever known.

Alan Gray. More well known for making amazing wooden tops(and throwing them) he had no difficulty turning out some wooden masterpieces.

This is an exact scale wooden Freehand one. Complete with carved f/h logo on the sides. Bearing guts and linen response discs.

Alan has done sculptures for various studios around the World. He is well versed in several mediums. As amazing as his work is to me; cutting stuff like this is a piece a cake to him😳

image image

It’s a keeper…

10 Likes

I’m interested on how he did it. Whether he hand turns them on the lathe or some other method.

Also the Freehand logo on the side. Hand carved, or c.n.c router?

2 Likes

Turns wood on a lathe. He uses a profile gauge for shape. Carves wood logo by hand with a mini pencil grinder.

He is very precise at everything.

When he eats cereal in the morning; I think he weighs and measures each bite.

5 Likes

It’s very well done.

Tester code 1 with my username engraved on it is probably the best example for me. Also higby 888, modded bassalope, 3yo3 collabricion, first ever production model general yo essence, and a painted entheos. I can put up pics later

2 Likes

I learned half the stuff I know on the Motrix and MiniMotu, I used to have a couple of your mods as well, I love the yoyos your brain comes up with! :grin:

A wooden FH1…epic!

Underdog.IMG_20181026_092432 IMG_20181026_180649

2 Likes

Here is a unique kinda yoyo. It’s one of a kind anyways🤡

I decided to make a delrin yoyo from scratch… just to do it.

I was going to make it from solid barstock. Part off two halves and then turn them to shape. Then I read this article about a special epoxy from a Company called Coolchem. They came up with a product that can attach delrin to delrin.Not an easy task as delrin is slippery by nature and has terrible gluing qualities.

Then I got this brainstorm to cut up pieces of delrin and epoxy them together just to see if the stuff worked?

I cut the halves for bearing spin tips. The shape seemed pretty interesting to me at the time. Realize that I cut this yoyo in 14 years ago; in 2004. Anyway; the yoyo is called the Thing.
I saw a Movie from the 50’s; called The Thing. When I finished the yoyo; the shape reminded of the alien ship that landed on Earth. Then after I finished the yoyo; the same movie was on TV. And the space ship looked way different than I had remembered; lol. But the name was already chosen. Oh well😳

It has been in Frank Difeos collection for many years now

image image image image

7 Likes

Here is a unique yoyo.

Not sure if there are more than a few of these?

Dale sent it years ago when he was fiddling with Titanium.

This bi-metal yoyo has an aluminum core and ano’d Titanium rims.

Plays very nice… not amazingly nice… just very nice

Dale didn’t over engineer this attempt. He was simply moving design shapes and material combinations to see how things clicked.

image image image image

Last 2 images just for comparison to Dazzler

6 Likes

Here is a unique yoyo. AStunt Pilot with polished Viper core and weight rings

StuntSnake… I think I made 2.

Shinobu has the purple one.

4 Likes