Video Battle Royale! Second half of round 1!

I have to say, I completely disagree. This is not a popularity contest, people are judging by skill alone. I voted AznnboyaZ because his style seemed a lot more fluid and personally i didn’t like the type of trick Hendy was doing (seemed to be just different variations of black hops and some chopstick repeaters). Also I don’t think Anthony is a good example here, he would cream everyone in this thread. Now Anthony vs Janos on the other hand, that is a battle i would like to see!

I disagree. I’m far too old to care about “popularity”, and am voting strictly for the person whose video impressed me more. Hendy, you had a great video and I’d be thrilled to have your skills and timing; however, I voted the other way. If you genuinely want to know why, we can talk by PM! Not that I’m trying to be mysterious or anything (there’s no secret reasons), this just isn’t the place for that discussion.

I’d like to think the majority of our population is actually like this. I’m happy to give us the collective benefit of the doubt, and I don’t think that it’s misplaced.

To say anything otherwise is an insult to the other player as well. “The only reason X got votes is because they are popular” and “our community can’t recognize the better talent” aren’t likely the statements anybody is trying to make, but that’s how it’s coming across. And I disagree with both of those sentiments. With any luck, this conversation won’t devolve any more; I’m a huge fan of this contest and I wouldn’t want any squeaky wheels to spoil the ride!

Thanks for the vote dude! I honesty didn’t expect to even do this well, so I’m not too disappointed XD. I’ve actually only been throwing for a little under 7 months so yeah Wilson definitely has quite a bit more experience under his belt than me.

That honestly hurts man. I had had two black hops in my combo and two cycles of a chopsticks repeater, which I hardly think constitutes a majority. I completely understand that you preferred Wilson’s style (he is definitely way ahead of me), but please don’t judge my work based on 3 seconds of material.

I also feel like this could be a popularity contest, which I warned people about when this was being organized. Throwrw was beating Keiran pretty badly and it seems like Keiran got a ton of votes recently which how imo you can tell that this is somewhat a popularity contest. I think it would be cool to keep it anonymous in the future. Like no faces or naming who, Just use numbered contestants and no one can put their face in the video. I feel like this would take the popularity and favoritism from this. Still tons of fun though!!

1 Like

I did not meant to offend anyone if I did, that is why I said more than likely. I know that not everyone is going to vote popularity wise. I do not care if the player is more skilled or more popular if I like the other guys tricks/style more I am going to go with him/her.

I think using Anthony for example was just fine since I was referring to popularity vs the person who’s trick you liked more. Some people may be like “man that other guy was so awesome but its Anthony gotta go with him”… Btw I love Anthonys style so I am not trying to say anything bad towards him at all.

Yomagic brought up a good point also.

EDIT: I’m not saying I agree this should be a popularity contest, I’m against it being one.

Eh this isn’t entirely true. The furthest I was ahead by was like 5 votes. I had like 10 and keiren had like 5. But then he evened out and its been neck and neck since
… if you haven’t noticed I’ve been checking frequently :stuck_out_tongue:

Same, I’ve been checking neurotically. I guess my subconscious has yet to throw in the towel XD

No offense to Keiran, he’s a fantastic thrower so whoever wins between you two deserved it!
But I’d like to see at least one upset in this tournament just like when I’m watching the NCAA tournament I love upsets.

There will be upsets. Don’t worry.

I’m going to make it to Keiran. And then I’m going to beat Keiran.

Not if I stop you buddy :stuck_out_tongue:

Things are going down…

I’m really hoping I make it to Josh.

:smiley:

This is nuts. I’m going to hate going against my team mate. I guess that makes this a popularity contest. If I lose to joey. I’m voting for him all the way.

You caught me too…I’d vote for you haha! I’m excited for the next round

Who says kerian is gonna win? :wink:

Let the trash talking commence

Wilson, yo’ slack is so sloppy you have to grab your GTs instead of catching them on yo’ finger!!

Josh welcome to the life of being a Siberian Husky, defeat is upon you.
#tamed #youain’tawolfnomore #liamneesonmode #thegrey

Dang wilson. you just gonna take that?

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH NO HE DIDENT!!!