2 Likes

We definitely need a poll to see colorway preferences

We had one of those a few months ago

1 Like

Cool

Found it

4 Likes

Then my opinion is more unpopular @zslane hehe

Houdini mount is overused AND it has made a lot of competitive yoyoing look the same.

2 Likes

Not enough people jojo outside on the solo </333

6 Likes

I do pretty much every day!

3 Likes

I agree, I wish more people would. I do at work every day. I work in a factory and we only get 20 min lunch though so it’s only about 5 minutes. People do seem to enjoy watching me. Aside from the negative Nancy’s that like to talk smack.

5 Likes

Not sure how unpopular this will be but I disagree with the sentiment that you can just pick up any yo-yo you like for 1A and have a solid 5A yo-yo that works well for you.

Will it be capable of 5A? Yes, but it won’t necessarily be comfortable for you or inspire confidence in your abilities. And some stuff just isn’t as good imo, like yo-yos that overly highwalled, lack stability or are too light feeling.

6 Likes

While we’re on x division

Playing 3a with a yoyo better shows weaknesses of that yoyo for 1a, particularly in stability. If you really wanna compare the stability of 2 yoyos, play 3a.

Same with the bearing. You truly feel the shortcomings of a flat bearing when you’re trying to keep 2 yoyos on the same axis without tilting or turning at the same time.

6 Likes

This is actually kind of brilliant dude. Especially if the test uses completely symmetrical tricks. Wow man, this is really smart!

2 Likes

It might show weaknesses better but if that weakness comes along with a positive attribute like agility and speed you won’t notice that with 3A, you’ll only see the weakness.

1 Like

Yeah but I wouldn’t use <64g yoyos for 3a in the first place

Also I’ve found it’s easier to have the illusion of a yoyo being lighter/heavier or slower/faster than it really is in 1a than 3a. For the most part, the yoyo feels and plays like the weight in 3a.

Floatiness is still a thing though which may make a yoyo feel a little faster during 3a play I guess cuz it feels more empty on the string.

Edit:

Ok reading that again I guess I kind of just restated what you said :joy: it made more sense in my head lmao oops

3 Likes

The conflating variable is that solids are generally cheaper and quite a bit. So some of the “popularity” is a better price.

2 Likes

Half swaps are by far the best. I find it shocking how few half swaps are offered. I only own one splash. I don’t hate them just how it has ended up. They are kinda dull to me at this point.

3 Likes

^ yeah A-RT is really the only brand that holds up in resale value/demand - people can make the arguement for G2 but the former holds the crown for clout/low availability

6 Likes

But that purple Motive is a :drooling_face:

I’ve actually never felt the urge to get a Good Life before :thinking: