Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

What are some unpopular/controversial yoyo opinions you guys have? I got a few off the top of my head:

1. Speed play is enjoyable to watch
  2. Flat bearings suck
  3. Wood is not good

I’m curious to hear yours @codinghorror :joy:

8 Likes
Anybody tried the 000?

Pretty much… all of them? :grimacing:

I don’t know why this always happens to me, must be something in the water down here

3 Likes

Or you’re just wrong about everything :thinking:

1 Like

Well clearly THAT can’t be the case :rofl:

Ironically I have come around a bit on wood, after getting a REALLY nice Clean Machine from @vegabomb, and then I got on the @edhaponik hype train with the Eh, and it’s also excellent. Wood CAN be nice!

but not as nice as metal

8 Likes
({John15}) #5

Literally polar opposite of all three hahaha

4 Likes

Yeah I’m amazed at the great fixed axle players and it’s definitely it’s own style but…

I personally have no interest in really getting into wooden yoyos and fixed axle play when modern 1a is a thing. And if I want to work on smoothing our my play I’ll do responsive 1a but no need for wood in particular.

3 Likes
({John15}) #7

Ah, see? That’s awesome man

4 Likes

It is unpopular opinions :joy:

Watcha got, what are yours

1 Like

I nominate If it’s not a nylon string, it’s crrrrrrraaaappp! for @smileypants707 :wink: and he’s not the only one!

4 Likes
({John15}) #10

No! I like poly! I just prefer my own blend

2 Likes

BAH that is a boring opinion Chad. GET MORE INTERESTING OPINIONS CHAD

3 Likes
Favorite MonkeyFingeR throw?

You have too many “interesting” opinions :joy:

2 Likes
({John15}) #13

Competitions, especially worlds, are lame. There’s too much going on, too much ‘flexing’ and point whoring to be enjoyable. But then again, I’m not a fan of competitive sports in general

How’s that @codinghorror? Is that interesting enough?

8 Likes

how dare you Chad

I don’t even know who you are any more!

7 Likes

I’m only 6/10 triggered, not interesting enough

Coding consistently got me on the 9s and 10s, that’s what this thread is for

7 Likes

My main unpopular opinion is the “all bearings should be thin lubed” one. I would die on that hill. But then again, I haven’t met many hills I wouldn’t die on.

(Over time I have gained some sympathy for the “lubing is too complicated and risky” argument though, because if you over-lube, you’re gonna have a bad time, and doing nothing is simpler than doing… something.)

I even lube my wood yo-yos!

4 Likes
({John15}) #17

:joy: Bimetals are OVERRATED

9 Likes

3 Likes

8/10 triggered, you’re getting there

6 Likes

A-RT is way overhyped, they could put a string on a potato and people would go insane

17 Likes