Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

VillainousShoddyHippopotamus-max-1mb

7 Likes

Organic yo-yos suck. If you use one you are a bad person and you should feel bad.

18 Likes

Wood is not good. There is nothing it has that is better then a modern day yoyo…

8 Likes

Hmm, that’s a weird way to spell bi metal

12 Likes

True

5 Likes

Undersized yoyos are trash. Dv888 is trash. Even the iconic OD Project is trash by today’s standards. People who say undersized yoyos are good have standards that are too low or are stuck in the old times and their nostalgia.

17 Likes

ooh ooh I got one

Posting a bunch of yo-yo tricks actually doesn’t do anything useful to promote the hobby. Only getting more people to buy + collect more yo-yos does.

9 Likes

Are you low key dogging on Smiley’s tuts?

5 Likes

I don’t know… AM I?

5 Likes

Ouch man, that hit me right in the tuts

9 Likes

Wait I got another one!

These little artisanal yo-yo shops aren’t actually creating anything that objectively amazing – they’re just using hype and artificial scarcity (limited drops) to create their own self-reinforcing “designer” narrative, basically degrading yo-yos to the realm of fashion.

I dunno guys, I think it’s unfair for anyone to compete with me on this. I’m too good at it. I need to stop before I hurt someone!

15 Likes

The project is kinda bad in today’s time. But the project two holds up

4 Likes

Before I go though

The Ti-Walker wasn’t that great of a yo-yo to begin with.

(drops mic)

14 Likes

Yea, I got nothing. You win code, for now…

bimetals are still overrated

8 Likes

Pff you just haven’t tried enough bimetals, man!

Which reminds me

The only people qualified to talk about yo-yos are those people who have enough experience, that is, have actually played hundreds of different ones

and its close cousin

The only people qualified to compare {x random yoyos} are people who have not just held but played those {x random yoyos}

or!

The only people qualified to talk about yo-yos are those that have competed in a {type of championship}

I’m not saying I agree with these “unpopular opinions”, for the record, in case that wasn’t clear :wink:

7 Likes

too much beef in this thread. im out

10 Likes

Well… I mean, if you’ve got THE bimetal to end all bimetal misconceptions then by all means, send it my way… :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I got another one

It’s not pronounced “buy-metal”, it’s pronounced “bim-eh-tal”

10 Likes

Code I’m not gonna lie,idk how u felt about it and I love Vs and bimetals but the Marco is one of the most boring yoyos I’ve ever played :joy::grimacing:

7 Likes

Its all in good fun, were just being bros

7 Likes