Top 5 Favorite Monometal Throws - 2024

OD Panorama
YYF Koi
a-RT Grail
RSO End pt. II Finale
ILYY E1NS

I think the Panorama is a much better yoyo than the Diorama. Generally speaking I like OD’s efforts to rebalance designs in 7075, but I think @sakatuca knew what he wanted the first time around. It’s pretty magical. Flat caps, flat bearing, and a ratty old fat string is the way to go.

9 Likes

1 - G2 Loadout
2 - G2 Grunt
3 - OD Top Deck
4 - CLYW OG Avalanche
5 - G2 Punchline Encore

8 Likes

In no particular order…

Mfd Aotus, Od Wizard, Od Perspective, disyoyos Anima, mfd Pixelape Helium

5 Likes

Ummm the only Diorama I tried had a grooved concave bearing and I run my pano with the stock flat so it’s kinda hard to compare like the bearing shape does make a pretty big difference with a slimline. I guess nah lol I love my Pano and I bet Dio is dope also idk hah!

2 Likes

Mine are:

OD Top Deck
DD Emotion
OD Diorama with brass micro caps
DD Oasis
DD Assassin v2

Honorable Mentions:
OD Panorama
C3 Speedaholic MN
MCMO
OD Thorn

Honestly, I could probably just live with the TD or Emotion. Both are just fantastic.

As for Pano vs Dio, for me, I prefer weighting the center of the Dio up a little with brass. It just seems perfect (although admittedly more like the Pano :laughing:). Plus, I think I’m partial to clear vs black which are what mine are. Either way, you can’t go wrong, and they are very similar. Not sure you need both.

11 Likes

They’re both sick! Honestly they feel different enough and each one has its own special feeling so it’s definitely worth owning both

But I do wish OD would incorporate 7068 as a material for boosted models. Specifically organics. I’ve generally not been a big fan of 7075 organics. I don’t like my organics feelings so dense when they’re aluminum. I prefer 6061 or 7068 it produces a much hollower feeling and better ringing capabilities that I enjoy in organics. But even so, that hasn’t stopped several of their models from still becoming favorites of mine, like the nitro recently, the dio, and even more recently the a-rt 4hunna. But I know I’d love all those models way more if they were 7068

5 Likes

how so?

edit: nvm i read up

1 Like

My 5 favorites for EDC are:
RSO Yweti mk1, CLYW Alpine ti , A/rt Grail, Gsquared Triton ti, & Atmos Cloudberry
My plastic choice- C3 speedoholic XX

6 Likes

The only problem with that is 7068 is slightly denser than 7075.

7068: 2.85 g/cm3

7075: 2.81 g/cm3

3 Likes

U don’t say. I didn’t know that. How come it doesn’t feel that way in play? All my 7068 organics have a distinct hallow feel to them. It’s a noticeable contrast vs my 7075 organics which have a very distinct density

1 Like

I haven’t noticed that, but at least with the throws I have, the 7068s have a softer finish like the 6061s. The 7075s, mostly ODs, have a glossier, apparently harder finish.

2 Likes

Definitely been that way for me so far at least, freshly dirty VHS, harmonic, fallen angel just to name a few all 7068 all have that hallow feeling. And feel much closer to 6061 imo. Vs my nitro, beater, diorama, and 4hunna all feel totally dense compared. That’s just my experience. I probably don’t know what I’m talking about tho honestly

I could have it all wrong

3 Likes

I believe that the qualities of 7068 other than density allow for designs that play lighter. 7068 is significantly stronger than 7075.

3 Likes

OK, I’ll give this a shot, in no particular order:

OD Diorama
OD Wyvern
OD M2 or Kamuraiju
MK1XSW Harbinger
Atmos Noah

7 Likes

Denser the material thinner the walls of the YoYo.

Yeah I’m aware of that but that’s another thing where it seems like I’ve noticed the opposite. For example the walls on all those 7075 yo-yos I listed are all thinner than the walls of the 7068 yo-yos I listed. I know they’re all different designs and u can’t really compare but shouldn’t the 7068’s have the thinner walls then? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Depends on the design intentions, weight distribution and target weight. Also I guess target MOI. I’m no expert but that’s my understanding at least.

Like titanium should have thinner walls that an aluminum throw but it doesn’t have to. They just might end up with a 120g monster…

2 Likes

This is next to impossible to tell unless you have the CAD file or you’re jesus

12 Likes
  1. True Arc Chroma Slate :grin:
  2. MFD prime8
  3. Markmont next
  4. YYF G5
  5. CLYW Otter
6 Likes

Any interest in selling the fallen angel?

1 Like